Can I send Metronidazole Tablets to Australia from India?

bagh

One of my friends' in Australia has an Oranda affected by dropsy and she can't get Metronidazole tablets anywhere. I'd like to send some Metronidazole 200/400 tablets to her.

Would it be possible for her to get it by time or would my consignment be seized by the Australian customs?

One of my friends' in Australia has an Oranda affected by dropsy and she can't get Metronidazole tablets anywhere. I'd like to send some Metronidazole 200/400 tablets to her.

Would it be possible for her to get it by time or would my consignment be seized by the Australian customs?

Not only would customs seize the prohibited product, but your friend salvo will also be blacklisted. There may be further issues, depending on how serious they consider it to be.

I would not do it. Australia is not one of those countries that take these things lightly.

Not only would customs seize the prohibited product, but your friend salvo will also be blacklisted. There may be further issues, depending on how serious they consider it to be.

I would not do it. Australia is not one of those countries that take these things lightly.

Thank you so much for the information. You're a genius to make out whom I was referring to! :D

I'm sorry, Kathryn..

LOL. It doesn't take a genius when we (the admins, mods, and helpers) read through the forum daily. :)

Aww.. I saw the info in Facebook. So I thought there wasn't a thread on that here. :)

Best wishes for Kathryn.

Australia is pretty much the only country that has ever formally destroyed products I have sent. On numerous occasions in fact, lol. They send a nice letter though...

Edited by tastyworms

Yep. Absolutely not something you should be doing. The tablets will not get through, and customs is extremely strict on these sorts of things happening. No overseas member should attempt to ship to a country where the medication is prescription only. It's really not worth the risk when we know it will not get through, and there will most likely be consequences.

Australia is pretty much the only country that has ever formally destroyed products I have sent. On numerous occasions in fact, lol. They send a nice letter though...

Yep. Absolutely not something you should be doing. The tablets will not get through, and customs is extremely strict on these sorts of things happening. No overseas member should attempt to ship to a country where the medication is prescription only. It's really not worth the risk when we know it will not get through, and there will most likely be consequences.

Aww.. I wish Kathryn would get the Metro soon, by some other means.

Thank you so much for your replies.

Awww thanks for thinking of me Bagho xox

Yes VICTORY I have gotten my hands on some metronizadole :carrot:

Awww thanks for thinking of me Bagho xox

Yes VICTORY I have gotten my hands on some metronizadole :carrot:

That's great, hun! Yippie! Best wishes for a speedy recovery of Ms Kissy! :)

• 1 year later...