Sign in to follow this  
Ms.Jenny

Repashy & ProGold Growth - With Pictures!

I weighed my girls today since its been two months since their last weigh in. They have grown a lot! :o

During the week I have been feeding them about 0.50% of their weight in ProGold, and about 0.75% of their weight in Repashy Soilent Green/Super Green every day. During the weekend, they each get about 1.0% of Repashy and a cube of bloodworms each day. I have slowly moved up to this amount of food, and they do not show any floating/gulping symptoms after eating.

Their weight log I have been keeping is as follows, along with their current weight listed at the bottom.

August

Munchkin: 28 grams

Stoney: 26 grams

October

Munchkin: 36 grams (+8 grams)

Stoney: 36 grams (+10 grams)

December

Munchkin: 49 grams (+13 grams)

Stoney: 55 grams (+19 grams)

February - Current Weight

Munchkin: 68 grams (+19 grams)

Stoney: 77 grams (+22 grams)

Here are some current pictures of them as well. :)

Munchkin Top-View

594DFEFA-ED6C-4E54-B676-04BEDC751DC9-11576-000035BE080775C3_zps923b8f9a.jpg

Munchkin Side-View

080F8FD6-478E-4A27-A7D5-37A917554487-11576-000035BDC5D139E4_zpsfed29ec0.jpg

Stoney Top-View

BF1FF486-B455-4CEC-84FC-164286B91FD0-11576-000035BDF6F21736_zpsfd298c05.jpg

Stoney Side-View

B65F8348-0989-4DF5-870A-D1F3D8172ED7-11576-000035BDE1839D27_zps52e31756.jpg

I've had very consistently positive results with these foods, and both of my girls have had no swim bladder/floating/constipation issues at all. It seems to agree pretty well with them. :)

Thanks for reading!

:thud That is an insane amount of growth!!

You are going to have to rename Munchkin! :rofl

:thud That is an insane amount of growth!!

You are going to have to rename Munchkin! :rofl

LOL! Thank you Lisa! My boyfriend said the same thing, and he thinks we should just call her "Munch" now. :teehee

I'm almost worried that they are growing too much! I don't want them to have a shortened life span, but I want them to grow big and strong too. Hopefully they are right in the middle, that's where I'm trying to aim for at least. :)

amazing :) and great pics too :) thanks for sharing :)

:o very nice growth! I feed exactly the same way, and my piglets are growing nicely. :) They look happy and healthy.

They are beauties! I'm going to follow your feeding schedule when I get my guys. :feedme

They look great. I never go to the extreme weighing food and all that. Good work.

Wow, they've gotten so big!

Thank you guys! My little girlies are growing up! :heart

They look great. I never go to the extreme weighing food and all that. Good work.

I wouldn't call weighing their food an extreme. I'd call it being conscientious, over or under feeding are not a good thing. I'd rather guess at the lotto numbers, not at caring for my fish.

Yep! I just want to make sure I'm giving enough for them to grow, but not giving too much. I can't imagine guessing how much to feed after doing it this way, especially now that they are getting bigger. I knew Stoney grew the past couple months, but I would have never guessed she grew 22 grams. That means I have to increase food intake by the amount she was eating in total just 5-6 months ago. :o

Wow I need to really get my hands on some repashy!!

We need some growth records for Repashy alone.

We need some growth records for Repashy alone.

That would be interesting to see, but I just personally believe in feeding a variety of things for a well rounded diet. However, around 70% of their staple diet is Repashy, while only around 30% is ProGold. Repashy obviously plays a decent role in their growth. ;)

I personally feed about 90% SG, with the rest split between blood worms and peas. I've seen some growth but sadly I didn't document any of it.

Wow I need to really get my hands on some repashy!!

You should! Right now, my girls are getting a mix of 1/3 Soilent Green and 2/3 Super Green. I love this mixture so far and think the extra plant matter and less protein is important for fish as they age. I fed only Soilent Green up until a few weeks ago though so I'm still in the trial stage of this mixture. :)

I personally feed about 90% SG, with the rest split between blood worms and peas. I've seen some growth but sadly I didn't document any of it.

How big are your fish and how long have they been on this diet? Honestly, it doesn't seem like mine have grown as much as they really have. Stoney, my Moor, has almost tripled in size in just six months and I would have never guessed that without weighing her. I also don't think I would see as much growth without knowing exactly how much to feed, and would absolutely be under feeding them at their size now. If you think you see some growth, they have probably packed on a decent amount of weight. ;)

They look great, Jenny, and they've grown so much! :) Does progold help with growth?

They look great, Jenny, and they've grown so much! :) Does progold help with growth?

Thank you! I absolute think ProGold helps. Since its a pellet, it holds a lot more nutrition in weight compared to a gel food like Repashy so it is still a major portion of their diet. :)

How big are your fish and how long have they been on this diet? Honestly, it doesn't seem like mine have grown as much as they really have. Stoney, my Moor, has almost tripled in size in just six months and I would have never guessed that without weighing her. I also don't think I would see as much growth without knowing exactly how much to feed, and would absolutely be under feeding them at their size now. If you think you see some growth, they have probably packed on a decent amount of weight. ;)

My fantail is about four inches long in the body, one of which he gained on SG in the past six months or so; but he has gained weight visibly.

The black moor is three inches from one and a half, and has gotten a little heavier in build.

Wow, they're good sized fish already! I would personally watch their protein intake at their size, but if they aren't having any issues with their staple diet now I'm sure it's okay. If you notice any issues with them gulping air or being floaty I would add some Super Green into the Soilent Green mix, it has helped resolve my girl Munchkin's gulping issues almost entirely. :)

These two have been really healthy ever since I've had them, except for an eye-bulging issue on the fantail which I am now sure is genetic. Some little bit of telescope somewhere in his ancestry and not an infection or anything, otherwise he'd have gotten either worse or better. They don't seem to mind what protein they get; used to be they'd get the whole bloodworm cube, now they split it with the tropical fish and the new lionhead in qt.

Another fantastic growth update! I really love their overall body shape! ;)

Another fantastic growth update! I really love their overall body shape! ;)

Thank you Alex! :) I'm a sucker for really round-bodied fancies. I :heart chubs!