Oranda showing signs of dropsy :(

Batto

Well she certainly doesn't behave like a fish who has dropsy bodoba

She still has raised scales and looks bloated in the tummy, I haven't seen any poos yet in 3 days, I have been feeding her peas.

I'll try to get some more pics tonight when I do a WC

Edited by salvo

OMG !!! :krazy:

In the next 12hours I will be able to get some metronidazole from a friend who has 7 200mg tablets in her medicine cabinet!!

Will that be enough to treat her??

Ok this is Miss Kissy today, as you can see the wound is healing fast, she is very still because she is in a very small bowl so I could get a good video of her condition.

I still see dropsy on the wound side or am I seeing things?

th_misskissy099_zps951feffd.jpg

As I mentioned in my last post I can get my hands on some metronidazole this evening :)

So my oranda is doing superb!! :D The wound is turning grey colour, and I can't really see any dropsy apart from a couple of raised scales

I held off using the metronidazole as she healing well with water changes and epsom salt.

:carrot:

• 2 weeks later...

I hope she gets all better! Thats great you now have some meds on hand :) my fish had some bloating particularly on one side with raised scales. It took many weeks but she finally went down to normal with the metro meds. I'm still not certain why it was more prominent on one side.

Hi Salvo & everyone,

Sorry to hijack Salvo's thread, my redcap is also suffering from dropsy (i think). I see pineconing and see some red areas on the body. It started when I took her back from LFS after holiday. First, she was upside down, I thought it was Swim Bladder. Now she has pinecones and the tummy is quite huge and still upside down.

She's in separate tank now and I've been doing 80% WC daily with Epsom salt (1 teaspoon per 5 litre). Temperature is also raised to around 25.

Can you tell me what is the dosage of Metro?

Will try to upload photos soon.

Thanks in advance!