Sign in to follow this  
Avepico

Sorority Tank video

Got my females today on a trip to Petsmart. A collection of short videos with a bit of my male at the end.

I haven't seen any fin nipping yet, but plenty of what I assume is dominance displays. Lots of checking out the shrimp. Kind of a "You look yummy, I wonder if you would fit in my mouth" look. Soemof my biggest female shrimp are almost as big as my smallest betta, so it is only the very young that are at risk.

Nice! I just set up a sorority myself, you've got some beautiful girls! The tank looks very nice. I love the song too!

I got 6 of them. Was a fun moment when I had to figure how I was going to drive them across town without an accident.

They had 40-50 bettas, all looked great except one. It took me a while to decide which 6 to get, I tried to get a variety. There was only 1 small gal that looked like she didn't have much time left in her. IMO that is a pretty good ratio for quality. I was tempted to get more but I have to keep in mind that the endler's in the tank will multiply, even with predation by the bettas.

The band is Flogging Molly.

What a great video! I enjoyed everything about it!

I hope for a quick settling down on everyone's part. :)

Very nice, they all look good! There eventually will be a little bit of nipping (I can see a nip in at least one of your girls' fins) but that is perfectly normal. As long as they don't look like they are trying to murder each other, it should be fine :)

Mine don't nip. But they do chase. lol Your tank looks great.

Good luck

Very coo, man! I really like the dark girl with the redish fins and the dark blue one-plakat??-. Also, excellent choice of music.

Thanks everyone. I will do a follow up video when everyone has settled in and I do a couple tweaks to the tank. This video really didn't do justice to some of their colors and fins.

Lovely fish, and great song choices! I love Flogging Molly!

Edited by Niiku

I just fed them and it hilarious. The shrimp swim to the top, grab a piece of food and oh so slowly sink to the bottom with their plundered loot. Gut loading the shrimp, I guess.

What a lovely betta tank. Love your betta's, shrimp, and plants.