Rare betta ?!

dracoluna

Okay so i have a big blue betta (bluegills) and a couple days ago one of my friends came over to my house to see him and she looked at my eyes then looked at my bettas eyes and said "it is rare to have a betta with the same color eyes as the owner." My eyes are light blue with a dark blue rim around my iris and kind of a brown circle around my pupil . I really need to know if he is rare cuz im skeptical as she has been wrong about my bettas before.please tell me if he is rare i need to know.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of rare betta's.... does anyone know where I could find a pure emerald green male half moon betta?

if you're willing to use a transhipper then aquabid.com is the way to go!

what I know of using a transhipper (though I've yet to take the plunge):

1. you buy betta from Thai breeder for usually between $20-$50

2. pay for that + usually around $5 for shipping TO your chosen transhipper

3. pay transhipper fees (I know that one in the UK's fees are £5.50) + shipping costs from them to you, although if you are able to collect from them, you won't have to pay that

I've actually worked out that doing it this way is actually probably a lot cheaper than buying from some national online shops I've seen, who import theirs anyway. it also opens up a lot more options in terms of fish because they have SO much variety in Thailand!

• 2 months later...

Probably not rare, but that's pretty cool! I remember my first betta as a child, it was a bright red veil-tail.

Might consider getting one for my planted tank when I can reduce the amount of guppies I have in there.

• 3 weeks later...

Awwww im so upset right now blue gills has ich and i dont know wut to treat it with because i dont think you can use regular ich remover on bettas because of the labrynth?!someone please tell me i really want to breed him im gonna be so sad if he goes! :(

Awwww im so upset right now blue gills has ich and i dont know wut to treat it with because i dont think you can use regular ich remover on bettas because of the labrynth?!someone please tell me i really want to breed him im gonna be so sad if he goes! :(

please start a new thread in the betta diagnosis section of the forum. :)

Salt and heat

Please remember not to provide treatment suggestions until we have all the information. We do not know anything about water parameters and have not even seen a picture.

• 2 months later...

I was never very interested in Bettas until me and my niece were looking at them at petsmart and this one red half moon tail betta just stood out to me. It was the most beautiful betta I have ever seen its tail was perfect it looked like a long flowy gown he/she looked so elegant. I didnt get her though because I dont know how to care for them but I cant stop thinking about that fish and keep wanting to go back and get her :(