Sign in to follow this  
Heidi_Rayanne

Picky Goldfish not eating her greens

Mnemosyne, in true childlike fashion, won't touch the Repashy Soilent Green. She'll chase after it but once she realizes its her most despised food, she wanders off. I tried making it into smaller pieces instead of a large chunk and she'll just spit it out. Anyone have any ideas how I can entice her to eat her veggies? She tolerates peas and pellets but her true love in life are bloodworms but they float and I don't think its a very solid staple. . :feedme

On a different note, I don't have a scale available to me, is there any way to find out how much food they should be eating? I feed them nine pellets (hoping that they each get three) in the morning and two peas with three pinches of repashy in the evening. Does that seem about right? More? Less? Mars and Mnemosyne are 1.5in and I think underweight, Juno is er.. very rotund and 2in. :thanks

Try mixing some garlic into it

Don't give them anything for a few days, will start looking rather tasty then.

thats weird?? mine eat anything. try squashing it between your fingers when feeding.

i give mine all they can eat in 2 mins twice a day. dunno if that's right but not had any probs

have you tried making a gel food? just get all kinds of veg,some poached fish and anything else they eat and blend it all then add agar to gel it

have you tried making a gel food? just get all kinds of veg,some poached fish and anything else they eat and blend it all then add agar to gel it

Thankfully Repashy is supposed to do the hard work for you. My other two fish eat is just fine, Mnemosyne is the picky (probably spoiled) one that doesn't eat it.

thats weird?? mine eat anything. try squashing it between your fingers when feeding.

i give mine all they can eat in 2 mins twice a day. dunno if that's right but not had any probs

No probs yet my friend. Here's the link that helps figure out how much of what to feed.

Http://www.kokosgold...__fromsearch__1

They do have taste buds. Sometime they just don't like a specific food. Ya could try starving them, but not worth it. At this time, we are unable to communicate and force them. They have that advantage to refuse while human children will suffer with spanking, whooping and whiplash.

Garlic! Garlic!

I am addicted to it as well as my fishies. They can't resist garlic! Give it a try. Soak it in garlic water.

Garlic is a good antibacterial, too! :)

I wouldn't worry too much if she's eating peas, pellets and bloodworms :) Maybe in time she will come to like the repashy. Maybe she's not sure its food yet? Do you feed it alone without pellets and peas, like its own meal?

No probs yet my friend. Here's the link that helps figure out how much of what to feed.

Http://www.kokosgold...__fromsearch__1

That gives me good visual information on what I was wondering about, thanks for sharing :)

They do have taste buds. Sometime they just don't like a specific food. Ya could try starving them, but not worth it. At this time, we are unable to communicate and force them. They have that advantage to refuse while human children will suffer with spanking, whooping and whiplash.

Dear me, I wouldn't want to hear my goldfish talk. Can you just imagine the constant cries of "Feed me....feeed me human!"

Garlic! Garlic!

I am addicted to it as well as my fishies. They can't resist garlic! Give it a try. Soak it in garlic water.

I would have never guessed that fish would like garlic! Does it leave a smell in the water I wonder? When I next make up a batch I'll give it a go!

I wouldn't worry too much if she's eating peas, pellets and bloodworms :) Maybe in time she will come to like the repashy. Maybe she's not sure its food yet? Do you feed it alone without pellets and peas, like its own meal?

I try and feed it as part of a meal alongside peas because I've read in other threads that it can make them "floaty". She does get all those other things and if she still turns it down after soaking it in garlic then I will just have to give up on it for her.

Garlic! Garlic!

I would have never guessed that fish would like garlic! Does it leave a smell in the water I wonder? When I next make up a batch I'll give it a go!

Yeah, the water would slightly stink, though. I have no problem because, I'm also addicted to it, just like my goldies. :D

If you find the smell objectionable, I suggest that you feed it before a water change. :)

If you have lots of water, then I doubt you'd notice any smell.