Help power out!

My power went out jea (power company) says it will be a few hours till the outage is fixed will my kiddos(Goldies) be ok ?

Ok, ok, ok calm down. Ya don't need 4 topics posted. They will be fine. Just get the bio media from the filters and out into the tank to keep them wet. If you have a battery powered air pump, use it and let the bubbles flow under the bio media. The water temp will be fine. If no pump, just splash the surface every 30-60 mins to exchange gases. A few hours is a harmless breeze.

Either way... here you go :)

http://www.kokosgold...-do-you-do-r169

This is kind of extreme but it's good to know. If your filter hangs over the back, you can pour tank water into it every now and then so the water in there doesn't sit stagnant for too long.

Edited by Emily

Yes I have hob I will keep pouring water into the filters till it comes back on the power co is usually quick about fixing things living in Florida we get lots of storms that take the power out never worried about it now I got my little sweeties to worry about !!

Ok, ok, ok calm down. Ya don't need 4 topics posted. They will be fine. Just get the bio media from the filters and out into the tank to keep them wet. If you have a battery powered air pump, use it and let the bubbles flow under the bio media. The water temp will be fine. If no pump, just splash the surface every 30-60 mins to exchange gases. A few hours is a harmless breeze.

Never knew u could get a battery powered pump I think I will pick one up good thing to have for next time

Never knew u could get a battery powered pump I think I will pick one up good thing to have for next time

Yes! You can go to Walmart and go into the fishing department and get some. Don't forget the batteries! You'll need lots of them. Get the batteries that cost a lot...last longer...such as certain Energizer models. Also some airline tubes and air stones.