12g Nano Tank w/ pearl scale

SumoKoi

Alex, the OP made it clear that it was originally a planted show tank and that its now for individual Quaratine (can't spell). Keyword is the Q word. The person said it. People should have known what the Q word meand and the purpose for it plus the person said the Goldfish needed special attention. People assumed wrong. As for the video, its harmless and was done for the sole purpose of producing a video with effects (dark with shimmering light on the statue). :-)

Jesse, thanks you for your input.

I'm glad you got it. However, counting me, there are at least 3 people who misunderstood, and 2 of them asked for clarification.

When clarification is asked, one simply can answer it (politely), or if one doesn't feel like it, ignore.

Thank you for your attention.

• Admin

Alex, the OP made it clear that it was originally a planted show tank and that its now for individual Quaratine (can't spell). Keyword is the Q word. The person said it. People should have known what the Q word meand and the purpose for it plus the person said the Goldfish needed special attention. People assumed wrong. As for the video, its harmless and was done for the sole purpose of producing a video with effects (dark with shimmering light on the statue). :-)

Jesse, thanks you for your input.

I'm glad you got it. However, counting me, there are at least 3 people who misunderstood, and 2 of them asked for clarification.

When clarification is asked, one simply can answer it (politely), or if one doesn't feel like it, ignore.

Thank you for your attention.

2. The posting of any type of abusive, hateful, vulgar, fraudulent, threatening, harassing or defamatory material will not be tolerated. Openly verbal attacks on any members, the board, Koko or the moderators will be deleted immediately. If you ever have a problem with another member or mod, e-mailing/PMing koko (or a moderator) is the correct action that should be taken.

2a.- Because we are a family-oriented forum, all members shall treat each other with respect and courtesy. Moderating team members are to preserve the peace at all times, and to report to Koko and TD if there is a problem. In the event of a disagreement, all members are encouraged to realize that arguing accomplishes nothing on the forum and to just relax for a bit before saying something you may regret or that may continue the argument.

• Admin

Now Im going to ask Everyone to Move on... Going back and seeing everything. I see people miss understood each other but this still doesnt give the right to outwardly attack on here.. So we either move on or this topic will be closed by me or a mod.

Thank you.

Very nice design :)

I don't mean to be rude but I'm noticing an increasing trend of a handful of people quick to comment on preconceived notions, that reveal their lack of experience and short sighted perspectives which seems to be motivated by increasing their post count.

Posting simply to increase post count is very much discouraged here (and against the rules http://www.kokosgold...tion=boardrules) so I can assure you that is not the case here, the comments from members that offer any sort of criticism always come from a place of concern for the fish on this forum. It looks like there was simply some misunderstanding as to how this tank is being used (as QT not permanent) :)

I'm not trying to stir anything up but it should be noted when there are pinned threads in the offtopic section that promote "Top Ten Poster's of the Month/Year," it does just that. There becomes an incentive to produce a quantity of posts (usually w/o diligence and/or comprehension) over quality. This results in some members jumping on threads to shoot generic rhetoric about tank size, etc under the guise of concern w/o fully understanding the concept of quarantine & its implications that is traditionally and culturally understood in the fish keeping hobby. There was a clear misunderstanding of quarantine. I appreciate that you and Thunder got it and pointed it out. It is a clear indication of experience.

I will remind everyone here that first and foremost, courtesy and politeness should always remain the topmost priority in each and every thread. Discourse cannot and will not happen when we are being insulting, or rude, to others.

Sumokoi, I understand that you are frustrated because some people have made comments on the possibly unsuitable housing for your pearlscale. However, I do not think that the place to start a discussion is to say that they don't understand, because they are novices. When I first read your post, it was also my thought that you were going to house your pearlscale in that tank permanently, due to some "defect" on its part. If you go back and read what you posted, you might see what I mean. It was not immediately understood that this was a QT for the pearlscale. Since it was a misunderstanding, wouldn't it make more sense to patiently explain to people? In the case of both Smegy Psiren and PSP (as with every member here), it was simply their intention to promote good care for goldfish. :)

I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful fish and set ups in the future. :)

dnalex,

Remarks came after the stated purpose of the tank. If one does not fully comprehend quarantine, its implications or said statements, isn't it good practice/manners to inquire before criticizing. Like I said before, I understand they are well intentioned but they were also ill informed and their reaction/response is a clear lack of comprehension. I say that to point a truth, not to be insulting or rude. It is responses like theirs which ruins the tone of a thread. It is even more immature and laughable to see them reinforce each others behavior after the fact.

Very cool! So, does the fish not normally get any light? :hmm

I have skylights in my house but it doesn't get artificial lights other than natural light that comes through the house. Then again, this is only a hospital tank.

How old is he? I might steal that set up for my 10 gallon bedroom tank.... It is so peaceful.

No idea on the age, but he is about a week and half in my care.

Very pretty if ya don't mind keeping a goldy in a pitch black, too small tank.

Once again w/ the assumptions and the entry level perspectives. It gets plenty of ambient light as it sits next to an east facing window in a room w/ skylights. This is a hospital tank (aka TEMPORARY) with footage taken at night so that it shows up on camera better. A little comprehension from what I have stated, one can deduce that it is a under quarantine and as mentioned SITS EMPTY MOST OF THE TIME.

Even though pearlscales are a smaller breed that is an inappropriately sized tank imo. A 20 gal minimum is best. Why does this fish need "special attention"? And what kind of special treatment could it possibly be receiving in an unlit and cramped tank. I'm sorry but I would remove the buddha and substrate and try and squeeze every last gallon of space in such a small tank. Or better yet put the fish in something better fit for his size and put some tropicals in there.

It is under quarantine since I purchased it within hours of it landing from overseas. Your concern is commendable but your opinion is ill informed and your statements show a lack of due diligence. Let me help you and Smegy Psiren, go to the other videos I have posted up and see the multiple different setups I have set up for long term before you guys jump the bandwagon on lack of light and gallonage. I don't mean to be rude but I'm noticing an increasing trend of a handful of people quick to comment on preconceived notions, that reveal their lack of experience and short sighted perspectives which seems to be motivated by increasing their post count.

I'm so sorry if my assumptions and entry lever perspectives have been such an affront to the very delicacy of your nature. I won't make the mistake of commenting on one of your threads again, as I would just hate to be seen as trying to increase my already substantial post count. Have a nice day!

Delicacy is not the issue, only the concern regarding misplaced snark remarks of naivete. You are more than welcome to come back onto my threads and learn a thing or two about fish and life. Cheers!

Now Im going to ask Everyone to Move on... Going back and seeing everything. I see people miss understood each other but this still doesnt give the right to outwardly attack on here.. So we either move on or this topic will be closed by me or a mod.

Thank you.

Koko,

It wasn't my intention to attack anyone but to get to the bottom of reoccurring posting behavior by pointing out where it allegedly stems from. It is misinformed posts/criticisms/commentary that derail and ruin threads. I have no animosity towards any member of this forum but I do expect a certain level of comprehension if anyone feels the need to offer criticism despite being well intentioned. Do you prefer threads full of misguided opinions or threads that come from an unbiased and objective standpoint? My original post and its implications were clear as day to the average fish hobbyist, yet other members did not get it, prematurely criticized and reinforced each others preconceptions. It is detrimental to the integrity of a forum in which some are here to learn and progress. Anyway, I've already made contributions to other threads. Just wanted to address this since I'm just seeing these responses now. Moving on.

Your pearlie is just precious :wub: I like the tank too! It's almost mysterious in a peaceful kind of way :) Why can't I be as creative with my QTs?? lol

Thanks! Start w/ a vision or mood you want to create.. Then create it. Adjust/edit if you need to.. But always stay learning and moving forward! :)

I will remind everyone here that first and foremost, courtesy and politeness should always remain the topmost priority in each and every thread. Discourse cannot and will not happen when we are being insulting, or rude, to others.

Sumokoi, I understand that you are frustrated because some people have made comments on the possibly unsuitable housing for your pearlscale. However, I do not think that the place to start a discussion is to say that they don't understand, because they are novices. When I first read your post, it was also my thought that you were going to house your pearlscale in that tank permanently, due to some "defect" on its part. If you go back and read what you posted, you might see what I mean. It was not immediately understood that this was a QT for the pearlscale. Since it was a misunderstanding, wouldn't it make more sense to patiently explain to people? In the case of both Smegy Psiren and PSP (as with every member here), it was simply their intention to promote good care for goldfish. :)

I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful fish and set ups in the future. :)

dnalex,

Remarks came after the stated purpose of the tank. If one does not fully comprehend quarantine, its implications or said statements, isn't it good practice/manners to inquire before criticizing. Like I said before, I understand they are well intentioned but they were also ill informed and their reaction/response is a clear lack of comprehension. I say that to point a truth, not to be insulting or rude. It is responses like theirs which ruins the tone of a thread. It is even more immature and laughable to see them reinforce each others behavior after the fact.

Hi SumoKoi :) your qt tank looks very peaceful.

I wanted to let you know that we are used to seeing a lot of very beginners here, and so often preface posts with general good keeping information, such as general tank size, light, etc.

Neither one of those posters is inexperienced or intending to raise post count. They both posted at the beginning of your thread with their concerns, because they were unsure of what the situation was.

They want to promote a healthy goldfish hobby, just like you. It is not a lack of understanding what a qt is. Its seeing a new member to the board and being unsure of the status of the owner/fish and raising a concern. That's all :)

Edited by GreenTea

Thank you.

Just reiterating this post

Love your pearlscale! And the tank is absolutely stunning! Very relaxing tank :)

• Admin

Ok One more last time... Move on or this thread will be closed....

I'm sick of the fighting, if you cant get along with someone (this includes everyone on this forum) place them on ignore and let me know... I will not have this going on....

Second...

I'm not trying to stir anything up but it should be noted when there are pinned threads in the offtopic section that promote "Top Ten Poster's of the Month/Year," it does just that. There becomes an incentive to produce a quantity of posts (usually w/o diligence and/or comprehension) over quality.
Those are to give thanks to members on the forum. Not what you think in your post. Reason for people doing over posting is to get their pm system and that usually stops as it takes a while.

I have reasons for the things I do.

I would like to state one more time.. Stop this fighting now. End of discussion .