Graham's 40 gallon planted goldfish tank

Guest GrahamW

Guest GrahamW

hi new here so thought i'd post some pics and a vid of the 40 gall with a red cap oranda, butterfly moor and a ryukin the plants are anubias nana and elodea canadensis. filtration is a fluval 206 canister and a fluval U4. lighting includes on 11 w fluorescent cool white, 25 double bright LEDs (four blue) and thre underwater LED spotlights.

these photos where a nightmare these were the only ones that came out semi presentable out of 40, the goldies just wiggle about too much lol. couldnt get a close up of the moor unfortunatly as he's the biggest wiggler of them all. the red cap spawen today and the other two are males so this has made tem extra exitable as this is there first time at it, so to speak, as all are under a year old.

enjoy :photo:

102_0565_zps2496191c.jpg

102_0550_zps20eb7960.jpg

102_0545_zps8b604a2d.jpg

102_0552_zps487e6453.jpg

102_0546_zpseb2934a7.jpg

Edited by GrahamW

that video is pants, lol. well to shaky. wasnt like that on the camera? only after uploading to youtube.

Youtube does that anymore. I hate it when it does it to me. But it really isn't too bad, the fish are gorgeous, and you may now donate your ryukin to me :rofl

that video is pants, lol. well to shaky. wasnt like that on the camera? only after uploading to youtube.

Youtube does that anymore. I hate it when it does it to me. But it really isn't too bad, the fish are gorgeous, and you may now donate your ryukin to me :rofl

Get in line, lady. That fish is MINE! :rofl

Uh-uh-uh. I posted first. Back into the line BEHIND me you go! :lol2

Guest GrahamW

thank you everyone for your kind replies, i wish those photos did the fish justice as they are far more beautiful in person. i have re-arranged this tank loads and am quite happy with the result this time, thinking of more plants like java ferns and swords would love to do a riparium but not for awhile yet . the moor is

great its a shame i couldnt get a good shot of him with his fat bronze belly

Edited by GrahamW

Guest GrahamW

that ryu was only £3 whic i think is like $4-5, bargin. never been any bother. unlike the other two which came with a bunch of parasites, and the redcap is really accident prone

Guest GrahamW

Lovely setup, really like plants on the wood.

My fav is the red cap, gonna have a hell of a wen when he is fully grown. What you feeding?

thanks, im feeding hikari oranda gold, hikari algae waffers, bloodworms and peas split into two feedings

Guest GrahamW

Very nice tank, and beautiful fish! I have a red/white ryukin that looks like a twin to yours.

had a look through your photo sets in your sig couldnt find a pic, would love to see one, you have lots of beautiful fish :D man. you must enjoy doing water changes * EDIT saw your moor and he s the spitting image of mine too

Edited by GrahamW

It looks kool. YouTube actually smooths the shakiness, which was done in your video, very smooth.

Only if you click on the option to do so! I started declining this, because although it somewhat takes the shaking out, it also makes it a bit more blurry I noticed. Reminds me of using the Gaussian Blur tool on grainy photos in photoshop. Makes the photo smoother, but simultaneously removing a good bit of detail as well. I'm not a big fan of it.