Gasping goldfish

anastasiam

Hello, is there any way you could take pics of the problem area on the head? I was trying to look at it, but was having a really hard time.

When was the last time you saw him poop? He may be a little mopey because he might be a little constipated, so I would like for you to give him a half to a whole pea with a granule or two of Epsom in it.

Hang in there, goldfish sometimes can be really frustrating, but don't let that get to you. :)

It occured to me that I should probably update with my water prams too..

ammonia: 0ppm

nitrite: 0ppm

nitrate: 5-10ppm

Ph: 7.5

All is the same as the tap.

I did get a Python in yesterday, and I have been using it instead of the the buckets... I have been adding the Prime straight to the tank (enough for the entire tank) and adding the water. I used to add it to the buckets individually to treat for the tank. The only other thing I have been doing differently is using the hot water as well as the cold to get the new water about the same temp. When I used the buckets I let them sit in the sun by the window until they were room temp.

Edit:

Thank you! I'll get some pictures right away! I fed him a pea earlier and when I went back to check on him there was a ton of poo in the corner. I could tell it was his, since my moor is eating repashy still lol. I fed him a little more of the MM's a minute ago, and he seemed to get them down with no problem :D

Edited by anastasiam

Fantastic! :)

MMs are weird. Sometimes they make the fish poop like crazy, and sometimes there is really bad constipation. Even though I do not normally like to break the MMs feeding with other things, it may be necessary at times. :)

Thank you for the parameter update! Looks like things are working out pretty well so far! :)

Oh good! Thank you! I just saw that pop up today.. I was afraid it was some sort of mutated hole in the head disease for wenless fish lol. Its been one of those weeks :thud lol

Is there anything in particular I should keep an eye out for?