are my fish watching me?

Jessijaxx

My silly little fish are watching me lol depending on where i am in my appartment they gravitate towards that side of the tank its quite funny with there eyes watching me saying feed me feed me!! they make me feel a little guilty like im starving them. Do any of y'alls fish do this?

Yes!!! Mine is next to my bed. I don't have a nightstand, lamp and clock. Instead, I have Goldfish stand and tank. So, are they watching me? You betcha! Anytime there is light in the room (sun is up) and I'm sleeping, ya betcha they're watching! And when I nap with the Poodle, ya betcha they're watching me! When I open my eyes, what do I see? The eyes of Goldfish! The eyes! Sometime I think one of them say Hi or Yo at me the moment I wake up and see them at right timing their mouth move! =-O YOU BETCHA!

lmao yup! My little moor has really bad eyesight, but when she hears my voice or footsteps she wiggles like crazy! It kills me because mine are the only footsteps she'll really react to :D. My fantail is kinda off in his own little world most of the time so he ignores us usually. He perks up when someone starts talking to them though :). The kitchen and living room (where they are) is open at my house, so I like to talk to them when I do dishes. Its funny to see them wiggle at the glass closest to me!

Guest sharpchick

Oh yeah...and when I open the tank lid - no matter what I'm doing in there - they cruise up and nibble at my hand if I put my hand in the water.

Goldfish and bettas are like puppies with fins.

Mine are upstairs in a big open landing and they can see me downstairs in the kitchen and they all gather on the left side of the tank and wait to see me come up the stairs. If I'm up there doing stuff in their tank, going in and out of the bathroom they go to the right side of the tank. They only calm down when I sit down in a chair next to them and watch them and then they swim around. Yesterday my daughter had a friend over and she was standing in front the tank and said "your little fish is having a fit" which made me laugh because Arwin the calico nearly jumps out of the water she shimmy's so much when she wants to be fed. Never knew they would have personalities.

"My little moor has really bad eyesight"

It's funny you say that because I was wondering if my moor has bad eyesight. Do all moors have bad eyesight? I have mine in with an oranda and a ryukin...and they always spot foot the second I put it in, but the moor never seems to see the food until some has hit the bottom and the other two fish are eating. I sometimes have to add a little more because the moor has completely missed out.

My red tele especially watches me lol. He likes to hover in the middle of the tank in the front and stare at me clear across the room! LOL

I think he has excellent sight, my tele has very good control over its eyes though and can move them to look forward or out to the sides.

Goldfish absolutely watch you. So do most other pet fish although with many smaller fish (such as tetras in my case) it may not be as obvious, since they are more shy than most larger fish. But the goldfish do watch me, so do my bettas, my angelfish and my platys.

• Admin

Oh yes they watch... Charlie and Sunkist watch TD and I all day long and get excited when we get close to there tank... they are like my Water puppies :teehee

Oh definitely yes! My fish watch me all day. They also get very excited whenever I walk into the kitchen, cause that is where the veggies are! :rofl

Goldies are really intelligent creatures. :) Mine even respond to commands.

"My little moor has really bad eyesight"

It's funny you say that because I was wondering if my moor has bad eyesight. Do all moors have bad eyesight? I have mine in with an oranda and a ryukin...and they always spot foot the second I put it in, but the moor never seems to see the food until some has hit the bottom and the other two fish are eating. I sometimes have to add a little more because the moor has completely missed out.

Yup! It seems that moors and telescope fishies have fairly bad eyesight. I'm pretty certain that they compensate by smell and 'hearing' though!

I used to have that problem with my fantail (now apparently a ryukin lol!). He used to steal the food from my moor before she could get to it. I went from playing basketball with her mouth (trying to drop the food in while she was at the top) to eventually hand feeding :).

If your interested one of the members here has a thread on how to hand feed:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/103326-training-fish-to-eat-from-your-hand-video/page__pid__1388501#entry1388501

When I want to sneek up on my fishes and watch their "natural" non-feed me behavior I have to squat down and slowly approach the tank. It gives me about 60 seconds before one of them notices me and informs everyone else. My roommate must think I'm so odd. :lol2

I noticed how when I'm on the computer my fish move to the one corner of the tank and just sit there. I tried getting a picture but when I move close to the tank they move away>.<