Sign in to follow this  
Banjo123

My goldfish

Hi everyone i have these 3 goldfish i love them, iwill trybto upload some photies and videos of them so all you goldfish lovers on this forum can see them, ive been busy lately im trying to find a virety of goldfish foods, like gel foods like really simple ones, why do you need to use gelitine while making gel food for your fish? Do you have to use it? It would be really helpfull because i want a viruety of diffrent food to give to my fish, and when i look on goldfish food disgusion it all has gelitine in where do i get it from and why cant i just use something else really hope you can help

You need to use something to bind the food together. You can use either gelatin or agar agar (which is like a plant based gelatin).

You can buy gelatin at the grocery store in the baking aisle. You can usually find it right where they sell boxed jello - just look for an unflavored gelatin or ask someone. It is pretty cheap :)

If you didn't use gelatin there would be nothing to hold the food together and make it solid, it would just be a soupy mess ;)

Okkk thankyou for you help tithra i havevthough if some recipies

Gelitine

Diced peas

Dieced letuse

Mashed carrots

Goldfish flakes

What do you think for my first recipe of gel food

Okkk thankyou for you help tithra i havevthough if some recipies

Gelitine

Diced peas

Dieced letuse

Mashed carrots

Goldfish flakes

What do you think for my first recipe of gel food

I would replace the lettuce with something like spinach or kale. And as opposed to dicing/mashing, you'll need to blend all ingredients together in a blender or using a hand blender (you'll need to add a little water to do this)

Gel food can honestly be a little tricky, so you may want to take a recipe that someone has already figured out works (in terms of measurements etc.) to start and then begin modifying it as you get more comfortable.

There are lots of recipes here http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/goldfish-food/gel-food-r250

Here's another super easy one that you could add some veggies to to modify it http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/goldfish-food/gel-food-for-beginners-r255

thankyou tithra i will add some water to it that was a great help