Air wand keeps detaching and flooding my living room

1. Buy a check valve. This will stop the leaking onto the floor, and save your pump if the power goes out and water tries to siphon back into the pump.

2. Grab a bit of smaller-diameter tubing to run from the check valve to the pump. This will provide a more snug fit to the pump.

Could the tube have been too short and too much tension on it, so it came off? Otherwise the tubing should be attached tightly and will not just come off the pump. That's the only thing I can think off. Or could something have gotten caught on it and disconnected it? My cat once almost did that.

Fang I think a better tube would work, it happened many times and my dogs can't really get to where it is... I want to hook it back up as it looks nice and I might get a new fish today.

I have lost 2 fish in the last few months somehow

The arrow on a check (or non-return) valve usually points towards the output end, so itd be pointing away from the pump and into the tank. If you already have it the right way but this still happens then it might be worth buying a new valve, because theyre not supposed to allow water through them the other way even if the tubing floods.

Edited by Lucerne

Whats odd about that is my tubing is SO tight on my whisper pump that I can't get the darn thing off without some serious pulling and then using scizzors to cut a slit in the tube and then finally pull it off. Make sure you are buying airline tubing and not another type.

Yeah, I would go with new tubing and see if this makes a difference!

And the arrow on the check valve needs to point away from the pump. It points the way the air will go from the pump to the tank :)

You can test this by taking the end piece of the valve between your lips and try to blow air through it. If the arrow points away from you, you can push air through. If you try the other way around, you can't blow air through it :)