Back again and with surprise Fry!

Prin44

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Guys. Cant wait to see what becomes of them. :)

So I put two of the Big Grey Fry in the big tank with the adults last night before bed just to see.. as such, as they are a decent size and I got up this on and just one was still in there and its now 6pm and he's still happily swimming about in there. So Im going to leave him to it in there.

I am also going to dig out my small "tank" and put two of the big Fry that are in the previous pics from the other day in their own space. As they look quite cool so far.

Thanks SP :)

The close-ups probably make them look bigger than they really are too.

A few pic's I just took of the darker ones today......

eea2da7b-0daf-4663-83a7-53c4a422f341_zps9aaafb89.jpg

66baa172-831a-4cd8-831c-d12ef6d50ea4_zpsa1fd90e6.jpg

f5f634ca-b74d-45f4-972e-d4da0b8b5c15_zpsd1a77987.jpg

59b5b8d3-06b5-45b6-b4e5-df7af551f282_zps3a32ac15.jpg

And Two pictures of my Favourite Single Tail...

S/he has one black button eye and one normal eye

bcbf890a-ded1-4846-a8b8-82704d06c539_zpsb10288b5.jpg

25bbb0de-3159-4afb-a5eb-b03d343474fd_zps2e1e2225.jpg

Me n the kids been so ill n sick the passed week :ill:stars:sick

But I'm on a mission cleaning all the tanks out today and I'm going to try and get a couple of pics of my bigger two I separated as they are really getting a nice size now.

6 to 7 weeks old now.

bf8fe7f9-767b-4475-a597-24ca805211c6_zpsaa69d0b8.jpg

52378b69-80bc-43c5-9d94-fab40f92ad7b_zps7c4b05eb.jpg

1a500877-abc9-435c-81ee-5fc50ccda69a_zps5c8d229f.jpg

One of the bigger ones

Picture277_zps5000aea8.jpg

5a94a22c-dd22-4308-9a08-620b2527514c_zps162d2380.jpg

Ok so I just found a teeny tiny little dude in with my Fry earlier today.

Looking back at the pics Iv posted in here, Id say it looks about 2-3 wks old size wise.

The last (very few, say about 10) eggs I put in there were on the 26th Jan'.

So is it just a non grower that's been expertly hiding out in the live plants or what???????????.

Or can an egg really sit for that long???????.

I would say expert hider...I actually found 2 amongst my babies recently...they were very, very small compared to the others that will now be 8wks tomorrow. I felt bad about them since they are apparently tiny geniuses so I ended up sticking them in a 5 gallon tank with a heater & since all they seem to do it eat, they've since tripled in size.

• 2 weeks later...

Now 8-9 weeks old.

6 different, all Double tail Fishies.

ca72ac65-329c-495b-acb2-cb1d7f07f41e_zps4d7babc3.jpg

1ae16859-58b7-41fb-90e8-fd675be48ecb_zpsb6dc41e5.jpg

Picture321_zpsfefb710f.jpg

Picture311_zpsdfca0fdb.jpg

Picture308_zpsc9c9d0c1.jpg

(my big fat hand!, lol)

Picture322_zps1ee5e5c4.jpg

The same Fish comparison...

Single tail

Picture305_zpsb3969a41.jpg

bcbf890a-ded1-4846-a8b8-82704d06c539_zpsb10288b5.jpg

Picture294_zps0d1c8829.jpg

Picture251_zps552cf337.jpg

Eeeeeeeeek how cute! They all look great really. The single tail is nice and by its coloring I'd say it will look similar to what two of mine turned out. They are shubunkins but with very little to no black or blue. For the most part they are white and orange, and matte with only a few metallic scales. Very neat looking in my opinion!

Is the first "darker one" a single tail too or is the angle just playing tricks on me?

The pictures I posted on the 7th??.

That darker one in the 1st pic' has a.... erm.... 'normal looking' single tail, top bit but a small, flat horizontal bottom half.

Thanks Flipper....

Im just wishing they would hurry up and grow some more now, so I see what ones if any are going to have the Tele eyes or not and I can then do a proper cull and get numbers down better.

And so... I took the bigger (yes there is actually a smaller one!) of the two teeny tiny still, Fry out and put it in with the one I took out and put in its own small tank the other week.

Comparison in size..... The bigger Fish is the fish in my hand photo in my previous post.

(I had just fed them!)

Picture332_zps6cdc7bee.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ah haa, so update time ..... The are around 10 weeks old now

So as the babies are looking just like little fish now and not Fry, I separated the 6 single tails I had just to grow them out a bit more and see if any by chance would get Tele' eyes (heres me hoping!!) But 4 of them died today day :( Should have just kept them in the main tank, there was me thinking it would do them better!!!, lol

I'm down to 11 double tails and 1 single/double tail, lol ;) in the bigger tank and the little runty Blue dt and the two teeny tiny fish that still looked not far from the eye lashes are in a smaller tank together and doing great so far, the teeny tiny ones are finally growing and looking more fish like.

Iv got some pic's I took before separating the singles if interested?????????. :)

Welcome back! Congrats on the fry! We've had lots of spawning around here since the new year ;)

Lots of spawning?

Must be something in the water :lol3

Oh well that was a complete failure!!!. :(

Woke up this morning and they had all died... no more single tails. Should have just left them!!!!.

The others I took out and put in their own tank are doing really well on it though, just these ones didnt :(

I defintely would really really really like a single tail Tele' so heres to hoping they spawn again.

Thanks Bod'

As above, I have 12 in the larger tank and 3 in the smaller tank I separated the other week. Those 3 being a smaller blue guy and the two teeny tiny guys that still look like Fry, but touch wood n so far they are growing and doing well.

Yeah definitely. Looking back to what must have been a couple hundred eggs I removed and Fry that hatched.

Its been hard culling. Makes ya feel guilty, bless them. But its got to be done.

And even harder when Iv been hoping for something that looks a bit different too.

My next cull will be any that don't particularly catch my eye that don't get the Tele' eyes.

It'll just be my luck that none of them do, LoL