What is your favorite variety of Goldfish and why?

SumoKoi

Butterfly telescopes. I just find them so beautiful, and I love how the big butterfly tail balances out the telescope eyes aesthetically. Plus I've found most of them to be extremely tame. They're rarely skittish when they arrive, and if they are, they get over it quickly. They are big hand-nibblers. :wub:

Ranchu and butterfly teles are my #1 favorite, after that orandas and ryukin are my second favorite. I like ranchu because the have cute chub face and wiggle around, they are just adorable. I like butterfly teles because they look like fancy dancers with their tails, they are very elegant looking to me. I like oranda and ryukin because they have lots of personality and I like how huge these fish especially get.

Orandas and Butterfly Telescopes. :) Orandas I love because their wens and cheeks are just so chubby ;u; Teles I love because they are soooo cute and I love how they bite my hand when its feeding time. And I won't forget how derpy some look .w.

I think orandas are so cute but I'm a little biased because I currently have a red cap and he's a gorgeous little dude, I think maybe the most gorgeous fish I've had thus far. Don't tell the others that though ;) I love true black moors too! My other goldfish is a "moor" but considering he's starting to bronze up quite a bit I think he'll end up being an orange telescope. I love his black but I'm excited to see a potential color change.

I've never seen one in real life but members' pictures of their ranchus always strike me as so adorable! I'd love one someday.

Ranchus, Lionhead and Shukins... anything with out a dorsal fin :teehee

Me too I guess. Bubble eyes have no dorsal either! I like the smooth back look.

My favorite dorsal'd fishes would be ryukins and butterfly telescopes because of the way they hold their dodsals.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantails (surprise)--no wen and I've never had one with a floaty problem. :clapping:

I also really like ryukin and I seem to be loving the ranchus on here lately (despite the wens, as many people have chus with chubby cheeks and small wens :heart )

I have to say butterfly telescopes, also. :) I fell in love with them ever since watching Sakura's youtube videos over the Summer. :) But, I love my Cary (orange telescope) as much as I love my white butterfly, Oki. :D

Edited by teleSC

Fantails (surprise)--no wen and I've never had one with a floaty problem. :clapping:

I also really like ryukin and I seem to be loving the ranchus on here lately (despite the wens, as many people have chus with chubby cheeks and small wens :heart )

I read on rg Steve said fantail s can be kept with single tails since they are the closest variety to single tails.

I would have to say vieled teles and chubby orandas, or bulbe eyes , ranchus , ryukins ahhh I can't decide I loves them all :P

Edited by Gustave

I read on rg Steve said fantail s can be kept with single tails since they are the closest variety to single tails.

I would have to say vieled teles and chubby orandas, or bulbe eyes , ranchus , ryukins ahhh I can't decide I loves them all :P

I believe that, plus they are super fast and have incredible eyesight.

I love my fantails because they are kind of majestic if you can use that word for a fish. And I love the way they make eye contact with you (at least mine does). But I have to admit its hard to beat the teddy bear face of an oranda, and just their cuteness in general. And recently I have kind of been intrigued by tele's, I like the way they look from the top.

I'm tired of floaty issues in general though and would definitely think of a shubunkin or two, or even a comet, in the future (I hope I named the right kind of fish, but the single tailed variety).

Edited by CindiL