Sign in to follow this  
Shubunkin Samurai

Goldfish eating Tilapia?

So, one day I was cooking some frozen Tilapia fish for lunch and preparing some peas for my little Goldfish to eat. Then I figured "Hey, I wonder if Goldfish can eat Tilapia?"

I Googled my question and there was no article about Goldfish eating processed Tilapia. I also wonder if they can eat Tuna Fish out of a can? Please inform me on what you know, thanks! :D

I am thinking that tuna in a can will contain far too much salt to be healthy for goldfish.

I am not sure if they can eat processed fish. My thought would be no, as who knows what kind of chemicals, contaminants, and salts are used or added to processed fish. Hopefully someone can give you a definite answer (:

I am thinking that tuna in a can will contain far too much salt to be healthy for goldfish.

I am not sure if they can eat processed fish. My thought would be no, as who knows what kind of chemicals, contaminants, and salts are used or added to processed fish. Hopefully someone can give you a definite answer (:

I have a feeling you thought this through well, thanks! Is processed Tilapia different than just frozen? Some people feed their Goldfish frozen veggies, so is there chemicals in frozen food? :o

I think he's probably eating extruded tilapia fish sticks or filets or filets with seasonings added, which no, I wouldn't be in favor of feeding them.

I've fed mine plain, frozen tilapia with no issues, although they didn't care for it nearly as much as bloodworms, shrimp, and other non-fish sources of protein.

Edited by Evening