Sign in to follow this  
SumoKoi

Video of my new goldfish!

Hey Goldfishers!

For ease of maintenace, I recently changed up my discus tank to goldfish and wanted to share a quick iphone video of the new group. I will try to get an HD version once I figure out how to. They are currently undergoing quarantine all at once since they came from different local fish stores.

The featured tank is a 95g corner filtered by a Fluval FX5 and Lifeguard UV sterilizer. I will be splitting up the group into another 135g w/ built in sump once things settle in.

Fancy goldfish stock:

White Oranda (4"), Chocolate Oranda (4"), Black Oranda (3.5") Red & white Ryukin (3.5"), White & red grade A Ranchu (3"), Three white & red telescopes (2.5"), one shubunkin (2.5"), shiro utsuri koi (2"), sanke koi (2"), two showa koi (2"), Chocolate pearlscale (1"), white ranchu (1"), two black moors (1"), eight black ranchus (1"),

Misc: twenty plus powder blue endlers, twenty female guppies

Edited by SumoKoi

Is that a total of 25 goldfish? They are really gorgeous, especially the white oranda, but you have overstocked your tank about threefold. With a 95 gallon tank the most you can safely house is 8 goldfish. :( Welcome and I hope you can maybe bring some goldies back since you just restocked this tank. I know they are in there for quarantine and you have another tank you are setting up but even with the second tank you could max it at 12 leaving 5 over the safe limit.

I just wanted to say that almost everyone here started out overstocked because we were not given proper goldfish care advice. No worries and I am not trying to be rude at all :)

Edited by ahardeay

I love how you designed the tank with the drift wood and rocks!

Is that a total of 25 goldfish? They are really gorgeous, especially the white oranda, but you have overstocked your tank about threefold. With a 95 gallon tank the most you can safely house is 8 goldfish. :( Welcome and I hope you can maybe bring some goldies back since you just restocked this tank.

I just wanted to say that almost everyone here started out overstocked because we were not given proper goldfish care advice. No worries and I am not trying to be rude at all :)

No worries. Let me clarify/restate a few things. They are only being quarantined all together in this tank and will be split up later down the line. I have a 135g waiting for some of them as well as a couple ponds. Overstocking can be acceptable as long as water changes are frequent.

wow that driftwood is super pretty

very gorgeous goldfish

Here it is again in HD although it is only a touch clearer.. I never realized iphone video was this bad.

very gorgeous goldfish

Thanks, the drift wood is sand blasted manzanita.

That's why people use Android. :-)

If you're willing, you can cut the bottom portion off and place the Mopani wood in a pot then put Marimo Balls at the end of branches. :-)

Very nice I always liked the corner tanks. As far as goldfish being easier let me know how that works out for ya. :hummm:teehee

I love how you designed the tank with the drift wood and rocks!

Thanks, I like the minimalist look. Wait till you see my other tanks.

That's why people use Android. :-)

If you're willing, you can cut the bottom portion off and place the Mopani wood in a pot then put Marimo Balls at the end of branches. :-)

Nice idea, I might try that one day...Do you know if the goldfish pick at the Marimo balls? I have one in my 6g Fluval Edge tank w/ endlers. The manzanita is wedged perfectly as it sits and I enjoy its simplistic beauty.

Very nice I always liked the corner tanks. As far as goldfish being easier let me know how that works out for ya. :hummm:teehee

Any other freshwater fish compared to discus is easy. I was feeding mixed foods up to 5 times a day and doing water changes every other day while the 300w heater was on constantly. I had 6 tanks totaling just under 1000g and recently decided to convert two to cold water fish I'm looking forward to the change up and easier maintenance. I'll take video, once everything is in place.

They don't eat them, but nip at whatever is on them. No problem. They may knock them off since they are big and heavy. They knock the afro off the skull when swimming by. Just dig your finger into the balls to make small holes deep into the balls to put tightly on the branches. I have a Marimo Tree in my Spectacular tank.

Cool Video and fish :thumb:

That is a gorgeous tank, with many beautiful fish.

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but I think that tank won't be able to sustain itself in a good way for too long. There are too many fish for that tank to handle.

That is a beautiful tank. Those are gorgeous fish too. I can't wait to see your other tanks.

That is a gorgeous tank, with many beautiful fish.

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but I think that tank won't be able to sustain itself in a good way for too long. There are too many fish for that tank to handle.

I appreciate your concern, however I did write in the description of the video and stated it twice in this thread that they are only being quarantined together since I bought them all in one weekend and will be separated to other tanks/ponds. ;)

Awesome! That's a lot of Goldfish! =-O

very gorgeous goldfish

Cool Video and fish :thumb:

Thank you all for the compliments!