55 gallon vid taken yesterday

Hidr

Took 6 hours for this thing to load. I so miss my faster internet.

Was messing with the zoom so parts are not very clear.

Edited by Hidr

I have 6 female bettas and one male. Never see any nipping. But they do have lots of room and plants. At one time I just had a male and a female I rescued. Since it was working I added more girls.

Edited by Hidr

That's great! I think in a tank this big, the nipping is really severely reduced alone because of the room. Mine will all come to eat together without any picking on each other. Just flaring and posing occasionally but that's it :)

Wall mart shop light. One SunGlow 40 watt light and one eclipse natural daylight. Nothing fancy. It is a low light, low teck tank with soil and gravel for substrate. When I first set it up I used excel but have stopped using that as I started cutting back the water changes. Now once every three weeks. But I am using a supplement now to add iron. I am seeing to many holes in the plants. Only once a week. They get most the ferts from fish waste and food waste. Yep I am allowed to over feed this tank and I do. lol

I am so weird. I have the tank right here but I still keep watching my own movie of it. :krazy: Silly me. :idont

Edited by Hidr

• Supporter

That's amazing!! What a great group of fish. It's reall neat that you can keep a male with the females. I wonder if you'll ever end up with some fry. Too cool, Angie. Thanks for sharing. :)