Sign in to follow this  
smegypsiren

Don't assume you know how much to feed your fish

Good googamooga! :krazy: I just got the guts to weigh Phyllis (idk who was screaming louder) and she weighs 35 grams! Not the 12-15 I was told by RG dude! I know she didn't pork up that much in 2 weeks! I recommend everybody get a digital scale and weigh your fish, it was only 20 bucks at walmart. Yes it is scary, so have your teddy bear or rum on standby, some repashy too :alc If it's a, it's gonna feel icky thing, wear latex gloves, I did. Man I feel like dog doodie, I've been sooooooo underfeeding her :(

Crap the title was supposed to be don't assume you know how much to feed your fish but it didn't post right. But anyways...

Crap the title was supposed to be don't assume you know how much to feed your fish but it didn't post right. But anyways...

I can change the title for you :P

I wonder if this was the weight of the fish when Steve first posted it? His fish are often much larger by the time you buy them because they can be up on the site for months before someone buys them.

Can you give me the length (without tail) if you have it? :D

Ummm I'll try to get a length for ya. I asked him when I bought her g

I wonder if this was the weight of the fish when Steve first posted it? His fish are often much larger by the time you buy them because they can be up on the site for months before someone buys them.

I just so happen to have a tape measure key chain for such occasions as this :D Without tail maybe 3.5 maybe 4 inches long. I tried but she still freaks if I get near the glass. I asked him when I bought her how much she weighed, but I think he just told me her old weight.

I was very entertained the this thread, and I wholeheartedly agree. Get a scale. Get to know your fish a bit better! :rofl

I was very entertained the this thread, and I wholeheartedly agree. Get a scale. Get to know your fish a bit better! :rofl

I still didn't have the nerve to hold her long enough to ah.... check under the hood but I tried. I figure the more I try now the easier it'll be if she needs any emergency treatment.

Ummm I'll try to get a length for ya. I asked him when I bought her g

I just so happen to have a tape measure key chain for such occasions as this :D Without tail maybe 3.5 maybe 4 inches long. I tried but she still freaks if I get near the glass. I asked him when I bought her how much she weighed, but I think he just told me her old weight.

Yeah, the fish obviously grew before you got him. At 3.5 - 4" body length pretty much any goldfish should weigh more than 12-15g; even the slender single tails!

And now we need some more photos again. Just because. :lol

lol I'll try to get pics, but I'm gonna have to sneak up on her. Every time I get really close to the glass she had a temper tantrum, spinning in circles and thrashing about. Temperamental cow.

you need to buy a camera that Mooos like a dog and barks like a fish.., it's called a zooom feature :) kthanxbai~~

you need to buy a camera that Mooos like a dog and barks like a fish.., it's called a zooom feature :) kthanxbai~~

I second this 'zoom' feature. My temperamental cows get pictures shot, while I'm standing 'round the corner, in the kitchen.

If you need practice using your camera, I have a six year old I can send you. He loves having his picture taken, but sadly, all sales are final. There will be no returns. ;)

If you need practice using your camera, I have a six year old I can send you. He loves having his picture taken, but sadly, all sales are final. There will be no returns. ;)

Bwaaaaaahaaahaaaaaahaaaa!!! Only if I get to send you 5 caca launching ankle biters as an even trade. :rofl2

I've got a real camera around here somewhere, I'm just not a big picture taker kinda person, not enough patience. Standing there bellowing at a fish cuz it won't effin sit still, not a good time.

:lol1 check under the hood

Decided to grace my thread with your presence Mr Flipster, slumming it I see :D

Dang, that's good to know! I think I'm going to go weigh my fish after their WC in the morning... I haven't weighed them in awhile :wacko:

Hi all,

I have not weighted my gold fish as not being relevant.

I have a mixture of big fast beasties and also some slow not able to swim very well guys. If I feed the correct amount of food I gaurantee that the 2 large black gold fish will eat a huge amount of it. The slower smaller fish would only get 1 or 2 bits, as the black fish shovel up the bottom in a most demented way.

Best regards Keith

Hi all,

I have a mixture of big fast beasties and also some slow not able to swim very well guys. If I feed the correct amount of food I gaurantee that the 2 large black gold fish will eat a huge amount of it. The slower smaller fish would only get 1 or 2 bits, as the black fish shovel up the bottom in a most demented way.

Best regards Keith

I'd suggest separating during feeding time if you are able, to make sure everyone gets enough.

Hi all,

Best regards Keith

I actually started hand feeding my fishies for that reason :D. I know there's a thread going about that in the tips section of the forum :). If there are too many fish to do that with, it would be a good idea to separate :D