Question on fish eggs

abcdomo

Do these look fertile? sorry for all the questions this is my first time if you haven't noticed lol. sorry if its hard to see i had to zoom in

IMG_20130119_193624_zps5491a4ff.jpg

IMG_20130119_193633_zps984a60ab.jpg

Edited by abcdomo

I personally can't tell based on the pic ;)

Milky white ones are not fertile and will turn fuzzy in a day or so typically in my experience. The ones that are fertile are clear and within a day, day and a half after gathering them you will be able to see a black line that runs along the side edge of the egg (the spine) and two dots (the eyes). I have actually been using a glass medicine dropper to grab eggs I think might be fertile and holding them up to the light to get a better look.

What I have personally been doing since I am new at this and am still learning to spot the difference right off is using two containers: put the eggs you think are probably not fertilized in one (the white/milky ones) and put the clear ones that are more likely to be fertilized in another. Then check on them daily. Remove any fuzzy ones asap.

I tried getting a clear picture but it didn't work pretty much what I'm seeing in some of them are black dots in the center of them so I wasn't sure if that was what I'm suppose to see.

I tried getting a clear picture but it didn't work pretty much what I'm seeing in some of them are black dots in the center of them so I wasn't sure if that was what I'm suppose to see.

if you're seeing black dots that is a really good sign :D