Sign in to follow this  
Duskeva

Illness spreading

He doesn't look too bad, and we will wait until later today to see about his eating. If he continues to persist in declining food, I would like for you to start the MMs on the other two, because it would mean that whatever affects the fish, takes a big toll really fast. So, I would want to preventatively treat the other two should that happen.

How old is the Metro-Meds? When did you open the bag?

He doesn't look too bad, and we will wait until later today to see about his eating. If he continues to persist in declining food, I would like for you to start the MMs on the other two, because it would mean that whatever affects the fish, takes a big toll really fast. So, I would want to preventatively treat the other two should that happen. Understood!

How old is the Metro-Meds? When did you open the bag?

The metro is probably coming up to its 6 month or roughly 7. They were kept in small ziplocks inside the silver bag in a dark and dry place. Should I consider ordering more? I just made a purchase of progold so Im sure I could tag on new metro. I also have the powder that I can use to make gel food.

Get more Metro-Meds, if you like. It's about to outlive its usefulness. If you have lots left, perhaps you can offer it to someone in need, if they pay postage etc., once you are done with the set of treatments. :)

I have a ton left. 1 and a half 20oz baggies. (Maybe not quite 20 oz lol but a small snack baggy and a half) Id be more then happy to offer them to anyone who needs them. I'll go ahead and contact goldfishconnection and see if I can tag on an order of metro. As for now, should I make the gel food with the powder?

Edited by Fookee

No, the food is still quite good. I just wanted to check. :)

Alright, awesome. Thank you Alex. Im going to go soak some in garlic and try to get the brat to eat.

He may just be spooked/excited by the WC. Give him a few hours before trying again. :)

Great job so far :) I just wanted to say I'm sorry you're dealing with a sick fishy and I hope it makes a full recovery! He or she is very pretty.

Great job so far :) I just wanted to say I'm sorry you're dealing with a sick fishy and I hope it makes a full recovery! He or she is very pretty.

Thank you very much. Its been rough losing 2 already. Im praying this one makes it. I worry if I lose him as well, then its only a matter of time before the others become sick also. I appreciate your well wishes very much. Maybe, if he/she makes it, I might actually be able to sex it. Give it a proper name and everything! :D

Thank you very much. Its been rough losing 2 already. Im praying this one makes it. I worry if I lose him as well, then its only a matter of time before the others become sick also. I appreciate your well wishes very much. Maybe, if he/she makes it, I might actually be able to sex it. Give it a proper name and everything! :D

Well I hope you get that chance! I second your idea to remove the gravel, just in general, BTW. It looks as if you have recurring bacterial issues and the porous rocks and gravel could definitely be contributing.

You're in good hands here :)

I thought about that, also. I started to remove the gravel yesterday so hopefully, if it is the problem, that will handle it. Im not sure why it would cause an issue though. Its super thin and I always make sure to siphon it really really well.

Alright, hes sorta eating. Ive been soaking his food in a mixture of garlic juice and his normal food smushed up. He(she?) takes it into his mouth and chews on it for a bit, but I see a lot of little debris coming out of his mouth. Sometimes he sucks it up and then spits it right back out. Hes swimming around a lot and is no longer bottom sitting. Perhaps hes stressed about the new tank? Missing his friends? Should I do another water change tonight? Add some metro powder to the water? Pull my hair our? :rofl

None of that. Just watch him and watch the parameters in QT. I want it to remain toxin free, and if possible, to do smaller WCs. I don't want to spook him.

Everything seems good today. I have noticed one of my fish in the main tank bottom sitting a bit. He stirs when I tap on the glass but then goes back to sitting. I've uploaded a video of him. Fish 1, with dropsy, is eating well and swimming around a ton. Doesn't seem like hes sick at all besides the pine coning. Another thing I've noticed is yawning. Is this okay a few times a day? I don't believe its a constant behavior.

I did change 100% of the quarantine tanks water in much smaller batches and he doesnt seem to mind at all. :D Oh! Also! I noticed this very strange poop in the main tank. Its literally a corkscrew. Other then this poop, they have had unusually long poop also and seem to be pooping a lot for how much I feed them. (My mom had to point this out to me) something to be concerned about? Her mentioning this made me remember a few weeks back when I left for about 3 days. I fasted them but when I came home, they were still pooping up a storm. :idont

The poop: 4E108D39-F5F4-43AE-9B90-FF9C627CB9F7-223-00000093F5390829.jpg

Heres a video of my other fish: th_3194B727-C5C2-4670-B797-D2FDBDBED5DA-223-00000093E7A71F68.jpg

Keep the course. I am still deliberating on whether the other two needs MMs. The next few days will tell us what we need to do. :)

You are doing an amazing job! :)

Everything seems to be going perfect now. Everyone acting healthy. The pineconing has gone down almost 100% and I cannot wait until the 14 days are over to add him back with his friends. Thank you all for your support and help :D

That is great news indeed! :)

So I suppose I should have knocked on wood after that post. I woke up this morning and found the black ranchu dead. Im pulling my last fish out and starting him on metro. Gonna drain the tank and disinfect if.

How long does it usually take to cycle such a large tank with 2 fish? Is it worth the risk? The one with dropsy seems to be 100% better, but im terrified to put him back in that tank.

It might be worth disinfecting and starting over. Cycling can take months.

There are supplements that claim to be able to do it instantaneously, but I don't think any actually live up to the claim. They can help though. Try Tetra Safestart, Seachem Stability, or Nutrafin Cycle.

I'm so sorry about the death. Hang in there!