Sign in to follow this  
koko

Repashy Foods All the Kinds

How exactly does it get sucked into the filters? Mine is cut into small cubes which sink right to the bottom where my fish grab and eat with very minimal mess. The texture should be nice and firm, and when you drop it in the water there should not be much disintegration or breaking.

Alex, the Repashy does have numerous pieces to float all around the water. Normal. I don't have the issue with the Malawi tank, but the issue is jaw-dropping in the Gube tank. Its cuz how Goldfish feed as they are messy. Gurtis are good at getting most smaller pieces. Other than that, it doesn't last long and water clears up quickly. I think, not sure, that my filter pad clogs up more quickly, but I can't remember the last time I changed it. I changed it again yesterday, sure was full, but can't determine how much of it was Repashy.

Anyway, I can't determine yet on what Repashy does for my Orandas. More specifically for Bluey. She still like to float at the surface but then she like to be down at the bottom, so I can't determine anything. Yesterday after Omega One, Bluey was at the surface, not gulping, so I thought maybe its the pellets. Today, I watched and she was at the bottom with Razzy, this time I decided to give morning Repashy. After she ate, she sort of go to the surface, but not as bad (new video uploading).

So like I said, I'm unsure in what way or not have it been helpful feeding Repashy to them both. They love it. I don't see any coloring differencd. Bluey the same as usual. Growing Gurtis.

Jesse, how do you prepare your food? In my very first review of the product nearly a year ago, I have a video showing my fish eating. I don't see this numerous pieces you are talking about.

I've also made my own gel food, and the Repashy holds it almost better than my gel food. :)

I add cold water and Repashy stir into the bowl. Put in microwave for two minutes. Then pour into a plastic container and stir. Let cool then put in the fridge. Same mixture I put into Malawi and Gube. The Gube, of course, more messy.

Edited by Thunder

I think the key here might be to cut it into bite size pieces.

I love the soilent green for the goodies...their color is brighter and they have all grown. . But I realize it's better as a treat rather than as a staple. I've since cut it down to once a day and added back in fresh veggies for one meal. Less constipation that way.

But I love the convenience of it. The goldies LOVE it, too!

I have tried the meat pie as well. It may be a bit rich for the goldies, so now I feed it to the betta. The goodies get it as a treat when u feel like it. Bet ta loves it and hunts down every last crumb.

I'm not sure if this is related, but I noticed a nitrate spike since starting to feed SG. Maybe it's because the fish are growing and I was a bit overstocked with 4 goldies, 4 minnows & 6 nerites in a 55.

Overall, I am very happy with repashy products and will re order.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I love the soilent green for the goodies...their color is brighter and they have all grown. . But I realize it's better as a treat rather than as a staple. I've since cut it down to once a day and added back in fresh veggies for one meal. Less constipation that way.

But I love the convenience of it. The goldies LOVE it, too!

I think this is a great idea.

I've been feeding soilent green as all my fishes main diet since christmas. Fry, goldfish, betta, everyone! They all love it and I haven't seen any issues. No floatiness or mess in the tanks at all. It's super convenient and I love how nutritious it is! I also feed veggies and in a pinch nutrafin pellets. My next try will be on super green w/ bloodworms and see how that goes =)

How exactly does it get sucked into the filters? Mine is cut into small cubes which sink right to the bottom where my fish grab and eat with very minimal mess. The texture should be nice and firm, and when you drop it in the water there should not be much disintegration or breaking.

I am curious about this too. I have heard it from at least 2 people now and it's confounding me. In my tank, the pieces would sink right to the bottom and no amount of movement would get them to float around in the water column.

Once a day is not a treat. That's a staple. Lol

It's possible that your goldfish could just use a little more bulk fiber; I get the impression that the fiber in SG is prooobably mostly soluble. Which is good, but sometimes you need a little help from nature's broom.

Once a day is not a treat. That's a staple. Lol

You're right alex!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2