Sign in to follow this  
koko

Repashy Foods All the Kinds

Now I been looking at our Sponsors page with all the different kinds of "Repashy" Foods.... I think it would be interesting to talk about what you have tried and what you think about it.....

Spawn & Grow Gel Fish Food

Repashy Super Green Gel Fish Food

Repashy Community Plus Gel Fish Food

Repashy Meat Pie Gel Fish Food

Repashy Soilent Green

If I missed any let me know.....

I have tried Soilent Green and had some issues... So I would like to try another kind and wonder what would be a good thing. Since I also am an Avid Progold user. :)

I have been using Repashy Community Plus Gel Fish Food. My younger oscar Willow loves it. Karma wont even try it. (I think this is cause she tried the soilent green and spit it right back out and she thinks it is the same thing.)

In the planted tank they all like it. Need to put some on a string cause the angels don't like to bottom feed. Even my ADF's eat on it. I have been also feeding it to the baby guppies once a week and they like to nibble on it all day long.

Don't know what my goldfish well think. Going to try them in a couple days need to let them settle in first.

I well order this one again.

Edited by koko
just to bold the kind of food, so I can keep track

I have only used the solient green, and my fish seem to like it. What problems were you having with it? Did your fish not like it?

Edited by teleSC

Well it first clogged my filters, then with the combo of sand in my tank I got two sick fish and one Dropysed pretty fast with in 3 days... after starting to feed it to them. So I stopped all together.. As it was the only thing that had changed in my tank... Im not accusing anything just maybe a coincidence .:o

I've been feeding Soilent Green and Community Plus. I chose the Community one because of the yellowing effects of Soilent Green. My fish seem to like both of them the same but I haven't been feeding it exclusively so can't comment on any long term effects.

I've only fed soilent green and after feeding it for awhile one of my fish had problems with floatiness. I don't blame the soilent green because he would float on pro gold too, but the soilent green seemed to help for a long time and then it started getting worse. I just received my bag of super green (from tastyworms! :D) which I will be trying out as a staple with blood worms for protein along with trying out Saki hikari purple bag. I'll post back with how they do :)

Edited by sarajo

Spawn & Grow Gel Fish Food

Repashy Super Green Gel Fish Food

Repashy Community Plus Gel Fish Food

Repashy Soilent Green

These are the mixes that I've used. My favorite is the soilent green, because I think it's the most appropriate for goldfish at all stages.

Next comes the Super Green, which is soilent green without animal proteins. It's great, because I can add my own protein supplements here. This lets me have even greater control, and I love that I can put bloodworms in the mix.

I don't really care much for Community Plus, since I only have goldfish, and the other two diets are better in this regard.

I am a bit concerned about using the Spawn & Grow. I had a number of issues that seemed to follow feeding my fish this formula. I think it's too much for adult goldfish, which is what I have.

:)

I'm feeding SG, and recently got a pack of meat pie too just to try it out. So far they all love it, goldfish and tropicals. Haven't had any problems yet, but Repashy makes only about 50% of their total diet :)

OH forgot to mention for my fish this is a treat not main diet. And the goldfish well be on progold when it gets here.

I'm feeding SG, and recently got a pack of meat pie too just to try it out. So far they all love it, goldfish and tropicals. Haven't had any problems yet, but Repashy makes only about 50% of their total diet :)

Meat pie is it under another name?

Ok Awesome hun.....Thank you :)

So If I was to try again.... what would you suggest guys.... since my main diet is Progold would you go with...Super Green..

Great posts guys.. keep them coming if you got some more information :)

I only have Soilent Green and they all love it. Goldfish are messy. Mine keep munchin' at it and spitting out and take 'em back in. Particles in the water but filter cleans it up quickly.

So If I was to try again.... what would you suggest guys.... since my main diet is Progold would you go with...Super Green..

I think I don't have it listed as goldfish food.

http://tastyworms.com/repashy-meat-pie-gel-fish-food.html

I think I don't have it listed as goldfish food.

http://tastyworms.co...-fish-food.html

Oh well there you go :tomuch:

I have the meat pie and spawn and grow for my betta. And of course SG for the goldies. I have been very happy with the varieties I've tried so far.

I got a big bag of Soilent Green for christmas along with a new Aquaclear, so it's quickly become my staple diet; I might have gone a bit crazy with it for a while, because my fantail became constipated on it!

After a few days of peas and fasting, he seemed ready for more, so I'm feeding it again; carefully this time. :D

I have used soilent green. I feed every 2-3 days. I have not noticed any floating from any of my fish. My pearlescale always has long stringy green poo from the repashy, I conclude that is more from his compact shape.

Mine get fed daily with repashy soilent green and new life spectrum pellets, plus leaves and peas etc. All good so far

I have fed the soilent green though it seemed to constipate my fish without adding veggies along with the meal.

I also have super green though when I fed it alone my oranda got super floaty on it, the other fish were fine.

Right now I am trying half soilent and half super which seems a better mix for them.

I also am starting to think it might be better as a one meal a day thing along with progold or saki hikari purple bag at the other meals and a little bit of veggie at every meal just to keep things moving along!

Well it first clogged my filters,.

I have begun testing the SG , obtained via kind efforts of UKbecs this Christmas. And I have found the same thing too... clogging filters and my filter system has never clogged before. also some fish seem to show some reaction to the food day after. I will test for a season and then be able to better judge this food. I would not at this time consider giving it to hew hatchlings.

I have begun testing the SG , obtained via kind efforts of UKbecs this Christmas. And I have found the same thing too... clogging filters and my filter system has never clogged before. also some fish seem to show some reaction to the food day after. I will test for a season and then be able to better judge this food. I would not at this time consider giving it to hew hatchlings.

Just curious what reaction you have seen?

it seemed to constipate my fish ....

... super floaty on it, the other fish were fine.

same as you,

these i also am observing in addition to it being rather messy as it dirtys the water ,as some other types of foods like boiled egg , some fish based products, and certain pellet requiring a second water change after feeding which I do not like to always do.

I will be able to report better after complete testing.

I have only SG and perhaps will get chance in future to obtain some of the other products.

I

Michael, I think there is something wrong with the way you make the food. My SG is the least messy thing, and if you look at Sakura's video, where she pastes the food onto a rock, you can see that it doesn't do anything in the water. I'm not sure how long she leaves the food in the water at any one time, but I think it's longer than 5 minutes.

I mention Sakura's video, not because it's the only one, but one that is the conveniently found in the VOTM submission. :)