waitin' on these lil buggers to hatch now

IvoryValentine01

they are seriously getting big...they're 1/2" now and u can actually see the shape of their tails and fins clearly. they are also clearly 3 different colors now as well...some still transparen-ish, some real yellow/gold, some green. many of them even come up to glass when I go over there...altho that could just be them looking for more food since they seem to know the feeding system now...they are hungry little buggers. gonna be switching them off the brine shrimp in about a week...still not decided on what I'm gonna go with yet tho.

they're 17 days old now...just finished moving them to bigger housing...and counting them finally...234 living...1 dead (which may or may not have been my fault...think I accidentaly smooshed it with the plastic cup I was using to move them)...I seriously did not think there were this many!

actually, I just took one out of the tub this afternoon...it was all upside down...so 233 in the tub. the upside down one is currently in a small cup. it's not really eating anymore. and yeah, 233 is waaaaay too many. as mentioned, I seriously did not think there were that many when they were in the 10 gallon tank...but I have learned that looks can be very deceiving...lol.

I'm down to 230 now...slowly finding those with problems...which is harder to see when there are so many. Beyond that, I have several people I know who will take some and a list of places with well taken care of ponds. I'm also trying to convince my hubby's company that they need big aquarium in their lobby. I'll work it out. I always do. This is why people bring me kittens and stray dogs all the time. I can find good homes for just about anything.

227...split into 2 huge tubs each running 2 sponge filters. altho, there are several that don't seem to be growing much...that being said, there are plenty that are just freakin' huge now in comparison to their tinier days and tinier friends.

The babies are now a month and a day old. There are 225 of them total separated into 3 large tubs. I moved the single tails, of which there are 88 into their own tub yesterday. So I'm left with 136 double tails. I will be culling that down to about 60 since their are many no-grows (can hardly even see their tails and fins at a month).

So, the babies are 1 month & 4 days old. I have culled the lot down to 135 total (from 225) in the last 2 days (I have several cracked ribs so the fish activity & lugging of water has been pretty slow going since Saturday)...there are now 3 large tubs housing double tails, 25 in each...2 large tubs housing single tails, 30 in each. so far, they're all doing great.