waitin' on these lil buggers to hatch now

IvoryValentine01

waitin' on these lil buggers to hatch now...& there are a lot of them (a lot more than in the pics)...should be soon...like Sat/Sun.

Fry-Eggs02_zps32f6e827.jpg

Fry-Eggs03_zpsf056dfd3.jpg

Fry-Eggs04_zpse3ca20c4.jpg

Fry-Eggs05_zps3ec3d297.jpg

Lemon Drop, the mama...

LemonDrop01_zps1a138136.jpg

Edited by IvoryValentine01

I still have no idea why it always says I've deleted the photo...it's even a completely different picture of Lemon Drop I just uploaded...stupid photobucket...sorry, ya'll. she is really a very pretty fish.

WhiteOranda01_zps1832cd47.jpg

Edited by IvoryValentine01

I have 23 - 11 day old fry I'm raising...& now these eggs are the 2nd time around. the 11 day old fry's parents are a mystery since at that time there were 2 mature females in the tank with 3 mature males (a red & white ryukin, a black moore & a calico ryukin)...same possible fathers for these eggs...Lemon Drop is definitely the mama tho since the other female (Edna) had to be separated from her tankmates (the males beat her up pretty badly...she's healing up tho in the quarantine tank).

for some reason they actually seem bigger & easier to find than the last batch of hatchlings...kinda got me wondering what's up with that...altho, I've been staring at fry & eggs & whatnot for like 2 weeks now...& have now taken to wandering around with a magnifying glass in my back pocket, I could just be imagining the size difference. but yes, I'm hopin' for babies that look like their mama...which is why these particular eggs were moved to their own tank & looked after. I'm also kinda hoping my black moor (Pug) is their daddy...but that's a wait & see at this point.

You people with your precious babies! I just wanna slap ya all on the back of the head. STOP MAKING ME WANT BABIES! They're so CUTE!!! Congratulations on all 187 of them :D Oh and with all them babies, I'm sure ya won't notice momma fish going poof when your not looking.

:gcar:

Edited by Smegy Psiren

yeah, all 187 of them...& they're all gonna need good homes...provided this all works out this time...altho, so far so good...actually better...these fry are so very different from the batch that didn't make it.

If they're bigger then the first batch, odds are they're healthier. Rehoming them, that's the part that stops me in my tracks. I would try to keep them all. I do not need fish in my bathtub, washing machine or kitchen sink :D

I will keep some, of course...I'm do have an empty 55 gallon still and I was looking at a couple other bigger tanks that are for sale...but there will be others that need good homes. And yeah, I'm thinkin' they're just healthier than that other batch. they're bigger, way more active and actually started swimming & eating at about 55 hours old.

They are fascinating to watch. I'm constantly checking on them. Altho, as mentioned several times they already seem much better off than that first batch. I do also note that they are pretty bright...quite yellow...whereas the lost batch was darker more green (my hubby kept calling them tadpoles). And these fry even look more like fish already. It took forever to see fins and tails on the last and even then it was really hard (needed a magnifying glass). These guys have fins and their lil tails can easily be seen fluttering.