Pearlscale's Eyes Getting Big O_0

Guest pearlscaleman

Guest pearlscaleman

Anybody know y sumtimes a goldfishes eyes get really big?? I have two pearls in a 20 gallon. All parameters appears normal, I also clean the water every week.

how big is big, exactly?

i mean are they looking like they are telescopes?

or do they just appear somewhat larger than normal?

are both of your pearlies affected?

are both of each ones eyes the same size?

are they from the same batch of fry?

is there a white edge around their eyes?

are they swimming, eating and pooping ok?

what exactly are your water params? ammonia/nitrite/nitrate/ph and any other tests.

tell us about their tank and previous history.

sorry about all of the questions! they really are necessary. :)

ppffft, your kidding right? :P If I found a telescope Pearlscale that was all white, I would pull a "DarkMoonDreamer" and the credit card would whistle as it went flying through the air LOL....

Heeheehee, you made me smile Lovely. They were red and white I believe, and they are still beautiful. But not $100+ beautiful unless they are all white. :lol

Jessica

Guest pearlscaleman

No, they are not pearlscale telescopes. The problem also isn't pop-eye because both eyes have increased in size at the same time and rate. I have no idea why this happens sometimes, it just started for no apparent reason just yesterday. Btw, if i haven't mentioned this yet, this only happened to one of the two.

:wall

When I got my fantails when they were young, they had relatively large (popping a tad) eyes compared to the others in the aquarium shop (did you notice that when you got them?). The shop person said it's normal...over time their eyes got really big, both eyes equal in size, like an over-sized moor's eyes. I thinkk it could be that the fishes I had were of mixed breed, as they were very normal in behaviour (I am not sure what pop eye is like though, whether it is fatal?).

keekeeme,

actually popeye happens to one or both eyes. either or. when both eyes become popeyed, it can sometimes be a sign that the fish will become dropsied soon (if not already).

just thought id point that out. :hi

Archived