Goldfish Fry - Another Single Fry

tithra

So, I have managed to get myself another single fry! Out of the around 25 eggs I collected the other day, only one ended up being fertilized again.

He just hatched today, hopefully he will make it longer than my other little guy!

Day1_zpsb42500be.jpg

The one thing I notice between this guy and Lashy is that he is a bit fatter... I hope that is a good sign!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

awh!!!

so cute!! How long does it take them to grow into the recongizable goldfish?

Take a look at this thread http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/41521-a-diary-of-raising-fry-w-photos/ it has great pics of fry at different stages, it's actually amazing how quickly they begin to look like real fish, even though they are still teeny tiny. I had a single fertilized egg a few weeks ago, but he unfortunately died after 5 days.... I'm hoping I have better success with this one, but we'll see!

yay i like fat goldfish

lol me too :P

Thanks Everyone!

He's still just laying on the floor of the container today. Here's day 2 pics:

Day1_zpsb42500be.jpg

Day2Side_zpscee114b7.jpg

Day2_zps38d629d3.jpg

Awesome! And yeah, this one has a nice big fat yolk sack! You got the BBS in their hatchery already? :)

Starting them up tonight! :)

Day 2 on the bottom is fine. You see that he still has a little bit of reserves left in the yolk sack. As soon as that is gone, he will start moving around some, looking for food :)

I love the top view photo, there he looks like a teles LOL

I'm in love! Let me know when I should buy a big tank, just for him! :D

:rofl

Day 2 on the bottom is fine. You see that he still has a little bit of reserves left in the yolk sack. As soon as that is gone, he will start moving around some, looking for food :)

good. I put I tiny pinch of repashy spawn and grow just now, just in case he decides to get up in the night. I thought the top view looked like a tele too! :P

I'm in love! Let me know when I should buy a big tank, just for him! :D

:rofl

good. I put I tiny pinch of repashy spawn and grow just now, just in case he decides to get up in the night. I thought the top view looked like a tele too! :P

Well, theoretically there are (slim) chances of him being a tele. After all, most of these fish have pretty much all sort of breed-genes in their system. That would be funny though!

What are the dots on his body? Is he going to be a calico?

Either way, Adorable. Good luck this time!

It's just baby coloring. It is much too early to know about what color he will be :)

Oh okay. I've never seen a goldfish fry before so I wasn't quite sure. :unsure: But he's still handsome anyways! :Congrats: