my balcony goldfish pond

hotfish

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, these fish are gorgeous!!! :)

Are you sure this pond is only 40 gallons? It looks much, much bigger to me, especially considered how big your fish are!

My calculations say about 47 gallons (brim full), but it's less than 8 inches deep. There's ~ 9.5 square feet of surface area, which is not unreasonable for the number of fish.

Wow, these fish are gorgeous!!! :)

Are you sure this pond is only 40 gallons? It looks much, much bigger to me, especially considered how big your fish are!

My calculations say about 47 gallons (brim full), but it's less than 8 inches deep. There's ~ 9.5 square feet of surface area, which is not unreasonable for the number of fish.

That's true, I missed that it was a shallow pond. :)

thanks all.

Floatting plants, one is Azola, the other from Japan (i don't know the name)

Ranchu in Saigon are imported from China or Thailand easily, so they're not expensive, about 20-30 dollar/ a beautiful ranchu

Oranda is from VN, it's very cheap here (2-3 dollar/ big one)

here a ranchu from china i've had recently

P1160016_zpsb68133e7.jpg

P1160030_zpsc07fda71.jpg

P1160023_zps56d892d1.jpg

P1160021_zpsdfaea14e.jpg

I have to agree with everyone, your fish and pond are very stunning. I'm jealous. And as you said, you live in Vietnam, and in my experience, it is very hot there during the day, especially the summer, and with your pond located outside, I am a little bit concerned that your water might get a little too warm for the goldfish to be comfortable. Nonetheless, you have some really nice looking fish.

Also, I am from Vietnam too, and am curious to know where you get those ranchus, as I know, regular fish stores there don't carry ranchus.

thank alvintran

from June to September, it's hot in noon. However, floating plant reduce direct sun light and oxi-pump (24/24hrs) will make water colder.

In Saigon, i buy ranchu, sometimes panda, in stores that import fish from thailand. If you in Saigon, let's contact us (gold-fish fan group, in diendancacanh.com), we'll help you buy beutiful goldfish.