So I guess I'm upgrading to a 72 gallon bowfront!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do need boards but you don't need 2x4's. 3/4 inch boards would be fine. Look for one inch boards. One inch boards are actually 3/4 inch. If you get them 6 to 8 inches wide you won't need as many of them.

3/4 inch boards would be fine. Look for one inch boards. One inch boards are actually 3/4 inch. If you get them 6 to 8 inches wide you won't need as many of them.

This was what I used for my 55 on cinder block.

But Alvin, really, please drain the tank, and talk to an adult in the family. I know others have had big tanks on upper floors, but that is not really the issue. The issue is that being 14, you should really consult with an adult when doing a potentially house-damaging project. I am sure there will be a happy ending to this, and will be even happier when you do the responsible thing. :)

That would work. I used boards like that for my 55 gallon. If you have the saws you could cut 3/4 inch plywood to fit the foot print of your tank.

We don't have any saw or cutting tools, so I think we'll just have Lowes cut them cut us when we but them tomorrow.

From reading through I understand your mother is away and doesn't know about this upgrade. Who is helping you, your father, a sibling, or someone else?

Lovely tank :)

Okay, so good news, I've talked to my mom, everything's fine, she said okay to everything. I went to Lowes today and bought a 1x8x10 board and have the person there cut it into two 4.5' boards. I also bought a shop light and 2 light bulbs for only $23 in total. So everything is on the right track now. I'll be posting some pictures soon.

Okay, so good news, I've talked to my mom, everything's fine, she said okay to everything. I went to Lowes today and bought a 1x8x10 board and have the person there cut it into two 4.5' boards. I also bought a shop light and 2 light bulbs for only $23 in total. So everything is on the right track now. I'll be posting some pictures soon.

I'm glad you talked to your mom. It really is very important to involve your parents in making big decisions. :)

Your red caped oranda's wen is colored in the shape of a heart, how cute!

Lovely tank, congrats on the upgrade! They all look very happy.

It's not really a perfect heart shape, but close.

Thanks, they ARE very happy, now they have A LOT of room to swim around in.