So I guess I'm upgrading to a 72 gallon bowfront!

It happened so quickly, I could not believe it! I found the listing at around noon today of a 72 gallon bowfront for $70, and we've already scheduled a delivery time for this afternoon. I can't believe how fast it was. So I guess I'm upgrading! Yippe!

And before you ask, yes, pictures are coming soon. ;)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa!! What size tank do you have now? I'm thinking 37 gallons? :idont

congrats. :D

What are you going to tell your Mom when she gets back from her extended time away? That your tank just looks bigger cuz she's been gone for sooooo long? :rofl2

Edited by fantailfan1

Whoa!! What size tank do you have now? I'm thinking 37 gallons? :idont

congrats. :D

What are you going to tell your Mom when she gets back from her extended time away? That your tank just looks bigger cuz she's been gone for sooooo long? :rofl2

You're right, it is a 37 gallon!

Ooooh, great minds think alike! That's exactly what I'm gonna tell her! ;-)

Congrats! That was really fast :) Are you planning on getting more fish?

Just be sure to give them my address. I'll be waiting in the driveway :D

:rofl

I currently have four 4 inch orandas, 1 2.5 inch lionchu, and 2 2 inch Fantails already, so I'll be at my maximum stocking limit even when I upgrade. But if you want, you can totally send me your goldies, I still have the 37 gallon waiting. ;)

congrats!! this is awesome news!

can't wait to see it :)

Thanks. I can't wait to see it either!

You'll be waiting in the driveway for a few days since the tank's in WA. Or if you want, you could move here and we can share the tank, I'll have 9/10th of the tank, and you get the corner.

Wow! How exciting! You know what comes after a bigger aquarium?? Buying more plants and decorations! :fishtank:

Gosh darn it, now I have to think of that too. Thanks a lot! :P

Also, with the tank being 48" long, it is perfect for me to use shop lights instead of those expensive light hoods for the tank. I'm thinking of buying 2 shop lights, giving me 4 bulbs for maximum plant growth. What do you think?

Here you go! Enjoy!DSC03646_zpsfb9f3977.jpgDSC03647_zpsacf50bf0.jpgDSC03648_zps69d301a0.jpg

Since the tank is so close to the ground, you could look down from the top to see the fish, so it kind of is a tank and a pond all in one. Best of both worlds right?! The fish are in a temporary tank waiting to be transferred to their new house. Stay tuned for more pics!

You have no idea how big it is. It's huge!

Do you have anything between the tank and the cinder blocks there? Cinder blocks are a great base for a stand, but your tank needs to be supported across the entire bottom rim. If it's not supported properly, the seams will have much too much stress on them, and the tank could start leaking, or even burst! I don't see anything on top of your cinder blocks under your tank, but I really, really hope I am wrong!

If there's nothing there, I would really encourage you to drain the tank and make sure the bottom is supported.

Congrats! That was really fast :) Are you planning on getting more fish?

:rofl

I currently have four 4 inch orandas, 1 2.5 inch lionchu, and 2 2 inch Fantails already, so I'll be at my maximum stocking limit even when I upgrade. But if you want, you can totally send me your goldies, I still have the 37 gallon waiting

I think I'll keep mine :P

Congrats!

Im very green right now!

This made me laugh... with the autistic kids I work with, we say "I'm having green thoughts about you" or "does that make you have green thoughts?"

Silly, green thoughts are good thoughts! What you're having is red thoughts my dear ;)

Good googamooga! Ya nearly gave me a heart attack when I saw that! You'd a been grounded till your dead if that thing tsunami'd all over the place. Idk if ya need something as thick as 2x4s. I'll ask shakaho what she used.

Whew I'm glad he saw this before it cracked. I had visions of him scrambling to soak up water all over the place and dripping through the floor and into the room down below . . . OK so that happened to me once but it wasn't a full 72 gallons . . . :o

I think doing this without your moms consent was a big mistake.. its her house and you have already put it and others in danger by acting on impulse without doing proper research... please be careful!