Sign in to follow this  
number20121

Community sorority - very picture heavy

Very nice Fang! I love the pearlie one :heart

I look forward to updates! I think it's good someone will be actively keeping a sorority here, so that you can answer all the questions that come up about this sort of setup ;)

very nice Fang~~~

love all the "girls" such stunning colors.................My favs are the multi-colored one and the "Mother of Pearl" colored one........ :thumb:

This tank is just breath-taking, Fang!

I, too, demand a video! NAO! No, yesteday! So, get on it! :rofl :rofl :rofl:please

Your girls are beautiful! I love betta sororities! Thanks for sharing Fang!

Thanks everyone! This morning it took me a while to find all six of them. The yellow girl is hardest to find :D

Rainbow and teal have both a bit of fin damage, the rainbow more than teal. Of course I don't know if they did that to each other or if another girl did this to them etc. Time will tell. But I assume this happened because all six of them decided to try to claim the floating hornwort to the left :doh11:

Fang it looks amazing! Hard work well paid off, and I love that rainbow betta! :)

Its all your fault thinking of getting me some girls today for my 55. Already have one in the tank.

Nope not going to but thinking of setting up the 30 for a couple goldfish.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Edited by Hidr

Looks good :)

Thanks a lot! :)

Fang it looks amazing! Hard work well paid off, and I love that rainbow betta! :)

Thank you! I am really quite satisfied! A bit disappointed that my (prettiest - psssst!!) rainbow girl is the one that got the most fin damage so far, but it will heal and all will settle :D

Its all your fault thinking of getting me some girls today for my 55. Already have one in the tank.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

:alc You better be posting some photos of them asap then! :D Where are you planning on getting them? Just curious!

Absolutely love it hun :thumb:

I figured it might not be a good idea with male guppies, but I'm such a sucker for a nice tail. I think a sorority is slowly inching its way up my next tank project list. They look so fascinating to watch, with all their drama and attitude. Oh and just loving all your plants :D

So far it definitely is fun! And you don't even have to have a big tank like this for a sorority; a 20g long will make a gorgeous home for 6 or more girls. I do have to say though that it feels as if all the tetras do distract the girls from each other a lot, which probably keeps the initial fighting down a bit.

Your rainbow girl (As well as everyone else) is gorgeous!

I have a yellow girl just like yours. I think that's such a cool betta color!

Thanks!

That is cool, is yours too somewhere in between being pink and yellow? Kind of like a weird skin color. That's how the body of mine is, with a very light blue shimmer along the sides :)

Yup, sort of a peach/yellow combo? It is weird! Mine has the same sort of shimmer on her sides but her shimmer speckles are dark blue/black.

Absolutely love it hun :thumb:

Thanks, Koko! :)

Yup, sort of a peach/yellow combo? It is weird! Mine has the same sort of shimmer on her sides but her shimmer speckles are dark blue/black.

That's cool! :D peach/yellow describes it well, yes. I love my yellow girl, she is the least aggressive out of all of them, almost a little timid. She prefers to do her own thing instead of playing "who's tough?"

Of course, that makes me watch her more, because I don't need the others to start picking on her as the "weakest" fish.

It's so funny, this morning again, all six of them shared an area of about 8x8", sleeping at the top in the floating hornwort/water lettuce/duckweed jungle. Two of them literally only half an inch apart from each other. :D

Ugh that rainbow fish has me wanting it! I can't stop looking at the pictures :rofl

I was so curious of how your betta's were doing since I haven't been on this site in awhile. I found this topic and love all your fish. It is beautiful. I love how all your fish came up to the top of the water/tank to get their food when they saw you. Do you have a video of them? I'd love to see one and a full shot of your tank. I'm going to search for one. :)

Thanks! I actually took a video today of them being fascinated by my fingers and nail polish while I was clearing the tank surface off of floating plants :rofl

Transferring the files onto the computer as we speak and will upload the video to youtube while I go to bed. The video is 7+ minutes long so it will take a while for it to load. :D

Lol! Youtube takes forevvvvvver to do anything!

I can't wait to see!

How is your mega-gallon of hornwort fairing?

Lol! Youtube takes forevvvvvver to do anything!

I can't wait to see!

How is your mega-gallon of hornwort fairing?

I killed half of it when I bleached it :rofl I bleached it in two batches, and with one of them I must have either measured out too much bleach or lost track of the time. This batch turned brown quickly and then started to shed all over the place. It made such a mess out of three of my tanks, I had to completely tear them down, remove the fish, drain all the water, refill, drain again, clean all the filters etc.

Joy joy joy. :lol

The other half is doing well. Got some in the baby tub, a lot in the tropical tank (where, of course, it does best due to the stronger lights, and turned lush deep green - which you will see in the video), and the rest spread out a bit over all the remaining tanks except for the 5g betta. :D

I think I'm killing mine. It's suction cupped to the tank side, right under the light, and I hardly see any new growth. :(

I'll be forever known as the girl who couldn't grow hornwort...and duckweed, and cabomba, and foxtail... LOL!

Hornwort seems to take a while to adjust. It also benefits a lot from the addition of liquid carbon! The new, deep green parts aren't even shedding much. BUT my cabomba almost died off because I missed that the surface was almost fully covered in water lettuce and duck weed. I thought the light was crap and going dim lol

So today the goldies got treated with a ton of duck weed :rofl

Hornwort seems to take a while to adjust. It also benefits a lot from the addition of liquid carbon! The new, deep green parts aren't even shedding much. BUT my cabomba almost died off because I missed that the surface was almost fully covered in water lettuce and duck weed. I thought the light was crap and going dim lol

So today the goldies got treated with a ton of duck weed :rofl

I've been doing the liquid carbon, and I'm seeing a big difference in the vals (of all things--lol). I just moved the hornwort closer to the light, so hopefully, the new growth will quicken up, The red cabomba is pretty much done for, as much light as I'm pumping in. It turned out to be a snack. I might try Bacopa and Ludwigia repens next. There's always a "next order", isn't there? ;)

Tell youtube to HURRY!

Youtube says it will take two more hours to finish uploading XD

My goldies too think cabomba is a great snack. Some of them even started nibbling on anubias :doh:

They have even slaughtered a lot of the pothos because they kept eating the roots. Gotta get me a new one soon to add back. For these fish nothing is holy. I do not doubt that they will even eat the hornwort... maybe I need to feed them more? :D

Thanks! I actually took a video today of them being fascinated by my fingers and nail polish while I was clearing the tank surface off of floating plants :rofl

Transferring the files onto the computer as we speak and will upload the video to youtube while I go to bed. The video is 7+ minutes long so it will take a while for it to load. :D

I'm looking forward to seeing it. Can't wait! :)

They are lively, Fang! Thanks for sharing. I might try that someday.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2