• * Nitrite Level (tank) 0
  • * Nitrate level (Tank) Bit Darker than 0, less than 5
  • * Ammonia Level (Tap):0
  • * Nitrite Level (Tap)0
  • * Nitrate level (Tap) 0
  • * Ph Level, (Tank) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.5
  • * Ph Level, (Tap) (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.5
  • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API Drops
  • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? I don't know the names, but I have a cannister filter rated for 200 litres, and two internal filters, one rated for 150 litres and one for 200
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
  • * Water temperature?
  • * How often do you change the water and how much? Every Week - 80 %
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Yesterday - 95% (The Filter I had with the tank, that was rated for 300 litres packed up and the water looked horrible :()
  • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 300 litres/80 gallons. About 2 years
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 6 goldfish, between 2 and 6 inches. There are also two danios I put in when I first got the tank :( (I did have 6 but the goldfish took care of them)
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? 1-2 times a day. Right now I only have floating pellets :(
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? No
  • * Any medications added to the tank? No
  • * List previous issues experienced (dropsy, SBD, etc.) None
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? His eye is bright red, he also has some red on his fins. The red on his fins disappears and appears suddenly often. His eye has being red for months, I first noticed it a few months after I got him when he lost all of his black.
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? No
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. None
  • * You can really help us to identify with the concern more accurately if you post some pictures and a short video.

tumblr_mggfta8xlH1r5alwko1_500.jpg

I should have posted this when I first joined, I got scared I guess :P The red will sometimes fade, sometimes darken and sometimes be really bright, but it's always there. I never worried much because he acts normal, but it does have me wondering what's going on

• Supporter

hun, can you tell me if it's actually red or if it could be more orange colour coming and going, which is not normal, but not unusual either. also, i notice you take very clear pic :heart do you think you can take one like this or near enough like this of his eye?

pcseye-1.jpg

It looks a bit like coloration to me but it's hard to tell. Could you catch the fish and move him out of the water, taking a closer photo of it? Large image too, if possible? Same of the red in the tail.

Just hold him a few cm out of the water, usually they will stop thrashing within a few seconds, and you can take a closer photo sort of like this http://i82.photobuck...in/100_8305.jpg

but zoom in on the red eye and then the red tail some more :)

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang