Sign in to follow this  
Jolly

Thinking about trying some different food...

Ok. I am fasting the fish today to help P-body, but I have new food coming. I will try some green beans tomorrow morning to see if those help. Are canned ones that I cook in the microwave with tank water ok?

I ordered some Solient Green and some Saki-Hikari from Tastyworms today and will hopefully get it soon. :) Any thoughts on a good feeding schedule to introduce this to them?

(Right now, normal feeding schedule is one frozen cube every other night and peas/bloodworms every other day.)

I've honestly never used canned, but it should be ok as long as its human safe :D!

I usually feed my little one's three bite sized pieces of repashy three times a day. So far they've done very well on this schedule :). Both of my fish were on medicated food before I started repashy but I switched them straight over as soon as the meds were finished. I didn't have any problems :)

Food arrived today! Yay! I think I might be more excited than the fish. They have been doing pretty well the past few days and love green beans. I do not love cutting them up into tiny pieces, but its worth it if it helps them. Any suggestions on starting to introduce the Saki-Hikari Fancy Goldfish food (purple bag)? I think I am going to start with that and maybe make some of the Repashy Solient Green tomorrow or the next day if I have time and start trying that. Do I need to soak the pellets in tank water before I put them in and if so, for how long? Thanks for all the suggestions. Keep them coming! :)

And just because they are too cute...here is a video of them saying hi. :)

Oh gosh, they've grown! :)

Oh wow! Those are some spunky fishies!! Did you speed up the video :rofl

Oh gosh, they've grown! :)

Yep! :) I can't wait until to get them a bigger tank! :)

Oh wow! Those are some spunky fishies!! Did you speed up the video :rofl

Lol...sadly no. They are very active most of the day. :)

They love the Saki-Hikari (purple bag) food so far. We soak the pellets for 5 minutes and then give them a pinch a couple times a day. Haven't gotten to make the Solient Green yet, but looking forward to it. :)

I'm glad their so happy! Mine look lazy after that video lol!

I'm glad you like the pellet food so far :). I would recommend maybe making the soilent green on a day where you could open a window... It has a very particular smell lol!

I'm glad their so happy! Mine look lazy after that video lol!

I'm glad you like the pellet food so far :). I would recommend maybe making the soilent green on a day where you could open a window... It has a very particular smell lol!

I keep seeing the smell mentioned. I think I'll wait for a warmer day, open all the windows, and make it when we can leave if need be. :) They love the Hikari and I've been putting peas and green beans in every now and then for veggies, so they are pretty happy. I can't wait to see what they will do in a bigger tank. They never stop moving. :)

It's really not at all bad :)