Anyone want baby lionchus?

number20121

Here's a photo of the one baby in the cup. I have "named" this one "Eve" since our member Evening was the first one to actually inquire via pm that he would be interested. :)

100_8436.jpg

Of course we will still have to make sure Eve makes it through so I can eventually ship her out :)

I would definitely take one! Sadly i got no room in my main tank. But i do have an extra 10g. Idk ill have to think of weather that's a good idea or no.

But do keep me posted!

Edited by Kat428

Oh how cute! I've never seen baby fishies like that before! Do they stay that clearish color for awhile?

I'm glad to hear Eve is doing so well!

When they hatch, they are usually almost fully clear, and then start develop "freckles" (as I call them) until they are almost fully dark. That is their baby color then, it is some sort of dark olive-brown/green. This color is camouflage so predators can not see them easily among plants. At a couple months of age then they usually begin to change color to their adult color - although we all know that the adult color may still change at any give time throughout the fish's life :D

Ahhh so excited.

:D :D :D

Want to show us some pics, Fang? :D

Coming up!

I would definitely take one! Sadly i got no room in my main tank. But i do have an extra 10g. Idk ill have to think of weather that's a good idea or no.

But do keep me posted!

It's ok, so far I only have one extra fish anyway, which is already promised to Evening. I'll let you know if more show up though! :)

Any updates on lil Eve?

Yep, although it is hard to take photos of her. She is even more active than her older brother. I think she's on speed or something :lol

She is growing nicely though, has pectoral fins and her tail is starting to develop too. As you see, she will have a nice double tail :)

That's her in a Tablespoon sized measuring spoon. Looks tiny but she has grown A LOT since she hatched. Keep in mind, freshly hatched they literally are the size of short eye lashes, with a couple eyes on them. :)

100_8739.jpg

• 2 weeks later...