Sign in to follow this  
Helen

this one is as stubborn as a mule! O.o

well, i tried, but she's too stubborn and won't be convinced! :tantrum

Haha :rofl

Show her some diamonds! Then she will!

Edited by usmgp1

hahaha this is so cute, Helen. I love your australian accent!

Haha :rofl

she is eh? stubborn.. :rolleyes:

Show her some diamonds! Then she will!

oooooh! send me some and i will pass them on to her :P

hahaha this is so cute, Helen. I love your australian accent!

she's a rolleypolley.. full of eggs.. spawning them in places she shouldn't! and thank you! :)

Are those eggs floating around in the tank?

i wish! haha... every time she spawns.. i miss it :( so, this time i thought i'd be clever and throw something in there to catch them.. but she spawned on the other side of the tank! :madrant

:rofl

:heart

:tomuch:

She does look like a roley poley, lol too adorable!

quick question, and this is probably silly and i dont want to hijack your thread but can adding a spawning mop encourage a fish to drop eggs even if there's no male/the male shows no interest? can chasing a fish around the tank with your hand encourage her to drop eggs? i know females can drop eggs without a male present, i'm just unsure if there's anything we can do to encourage it so they don't become egg bound :)

She does look like a roley poley, lol too adorable!

quick question, and this is probably silly and i dont want to hijack your thread but can adding a spawning mop encourage a fish to drop eggs even if there's no male/the male shows no interest? can chasing a fish around the tank with your hand encourage her to drop eggs? i know females can drop eggs without a male present, i'm just unsure if there's anything we can do to encourage it so they don't become egg bound :)

we try not to scare our fish into spawning :rofl :rofl

there are ways, and i considered, but because she's still small(ish) and pearlscale, 1. i don't want to risk damaging her insides, 2. i don't want to risk damaging her pearl scales :) once a pearlscale loses it's pearl scales, they are replaced with ordinary scales.

there are ways of gently rubbing the belly to encourage the release of eggs, there are many youtube videos on it :) or, you just wait for the thuderstorm to happen, which is about ready in half hour or so :)

i do have 2 males in season at the moment, sharing the same tank, but i think the boys are hot for eachother :blink:

Hahahaha! Takes after her mum, does she? Maybe a candle lit bubble bath and some chocolate will get her in the mood :))

Hahahaha! Takes after her mum, does she? Maybe a candle lit bubble bath and some chocolate will get her in the mood :))

i should try.. although, i would get through a truckload of chocolates on my own just waiting for her to spawn "in the right corner".... lol..

I'm just impressed she follows your finger around the tank. :)

thank you.. me too as she's relatively new :) it was nice to see her follow some command! i wish she'd be super smart and spawn eggs on command too! haha

I love how cute you are talking to her :) now I don't feel so bad about talking to mine ;) lol and what tank is this??

I love how cute you are talking to her :) now I don't feel so bad about talking to mine ;) lol and what tank is this??

thanks hun, it's the totts tank :)

I love her single tail :heart

thank you :heart

Lol. This is going to be a battle of wills I think :)

She is so cute! It's the cute ones that are naughty and don't follow orders :)