My Imagination?

Guest animal1998

Guest animal1998

So today as I intently watched my goldies (who all thinks that if we were not allowed to watch their every move 95% of the users here would be in jail) to find my larger oranda, only about 2 1/2 inches, I had previously measured wrong, doing the classic head butt to the belly to my smaller maybe 2 inch sakura pearlscaled moor. I just moved them into their current 10gal tank with 2 filters. 1 for 10gal, the other for 2.5 to help with oxygenation. They have a lot of plants but we're getting more Saturday. Is it possible that my oranda is trying to spawn? I would love to have little fry around and it would certainly help with determining gender and I would be forced to keep the little guys until we could find them homes :aint: . I'd have to keep at least one! But then the next thing is if they are spawning, I have heard, mixed opinions on culling. Help with that?

Guest animal1998

After doing more research I don't think they are spawning. Yet? :) I do want fry later so what would help me with that as far as adding another fish? Should I get a comet or fancy and try for another male or female?

I thought you were fully stocked right now?

I would not advise trying to create babies until you are in a position to be able to care for them correctly; that would mean a large separate tank for raising along with other tubs to house them when they start getting bigger, the various spare heaters, filters, and a lot of spare time.

Stick with your current fishies and just enjoy them as they are :)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/106197-10-gal-tank/page__fromsearch__1

I think this would indicate now is not really the time for having fry. Two fish in a ten gallon isn't giving them enough space long-term already without adding extra tankmates of babies :)

Guest animal1998

I know not right now but for later purposes. I still can't determine gender. Rosie's vent is darker and Bubba's is paler. Rosie's sticks out a bit but her anal fins are closer together then Bubba;s. So later on, Comet or Fancy, male or female. I can't get fish right now anyway. Thanks dad <.<

Guest animal1998

Ya so I checked Koko's post again and Bubba (if the pic and the fish are correct) is she and Rosie's not. We had a male parakeet named Molly once so the names can stay but I'll check my next one before I name it in a few months.