• Helper

So I get home from work today to the news that my main filter pump short circuited and almost caught fire today. It's been off for around 4 hours now. Will the BB still be alive?(All the filter media is still wet, but the water hasn't being flowing through) I have another filter I Might be able to run but I'm wary because the plug ended up immersed in water before and I haven't used it since.

I wont be able to get another pump until next pay day - a week from now.

Right now I have two smaller filters running, I don't know what kind they are or how may litres per hour they do. They were each rated for a 200 litre tank. My tank is 300 litres and the filter that died is the one that came with the tank :(

So, will the BB still be alive now? Should I try setting up my other filter? If not, how should I keep the BB from my dead filter alive if they still are:(

About the submerged power plug, how long ago was that? I have done this myself quite a few times and just dried them off well and used them again. Water should not be able to get INSIDE it. :)

Other than that, I agree with PSP's advice. You should be fine for now with the other two filters, and hanging the media inside the tank. Maybe you can even find fishnet stocking for better water flow through the media, and place it in front of or under a filter outlet :)

• Helper

It was quite a while ago that it was submerged. But I don't know how long it was submerged for, I had it sitting in my old axolotl tank and my dad stored it outside under the air con where it dripped and filled up the tank :P

Thanks for the advice! If I don't get called into work tomorrow I hope to at least get prices on the replacement part.