Sign in to follow this  
LovelyChaos

1000+ Mile move, part two - not so good ):

First off, Cyrrus is headstanding ): I'll post in d&d soon.

Second, there were casualties. Before leaving, Tui and La were dropped with their tub. Bf felt terrible but we got to them quickly. They seemed to be in shock, so I just kept them dark till we got to Sacramento. I checked on them and they looked ok, a couple of ripped fins, so I changed the water salted them to .1% and double dosed with prime. On the midway stop, I went to redose with prime, both were gone ): you wouldn't have even known it. They looked like they were alive but I checked gill movement and nothing... The shadows of their lives were still there...

Fate decided to rub the salt in my wound extra hard...

My 55. An entire panel, cracked from corner to corner. Infuriating. Bfs mom is bringing me her late fathers bow front because we had to leave ours for room. But now I am stuck. Luckily my grandma is going to take us shopping tomorrow so we can check prices on tanks. If nothing good comes around, we will be getting two 50 gallon storage tubs until we can get it sorted. We were going to one anyways, but now the poor fish have no aquariums ): we are going to go look at a 100 gallon tomorrow. Just so frustrating, the second half of the trip was terrible until home was in sight.

Happy to say everyone else is doing ok. They are a little slow, because the water is cold. I am letting them destress for a little while before starting salt and prazi.

My family is enjoying the fish (: I have had people let them nibble on their hands. Minnie is just the center of attention. No one has seen a goldfish like her before! They watched me hand feed her and were commenting on how pretty she is. My crazy mom decided to pop a hole in the bag without me knowing, so while we were unpacking I had to rush to put her in something else. She dwarfs everything around her (:

image_zpsae245514.jpg

The actual driving parts were long and boring. Very noisy with a chorus of cats realizing they were trapped in tiny cages. Very squished.

But at least I got In N Out for the first time in over a year (;

image_zpsb40f5506.jpg

San Diego greeted me with Oregon like weather and a nice reassuring sign from the heavens:

image_zps21304700.jpg

Full, double rainbows. Couldn't fit the whole thing in the shot.

The stress of this trip was ridiculous and I feel like almost everything went wrong. I thought we had this well planned but there were so many accidents that just made things so much worse. My head is hurting. My aquarium is broken. My telescopes are gone ): the only thing that has made this entire thing worth it is the plans for the pond and getting to keep my precious animals. I am happy that things weren't worse, but I am thinking the next time I need to move fish near a family member, I'll just overnight them there.

I'm sorry it didn't go as planned :(

Hopefully Cyrrus will recover once they've settled in :)

Glad you all arrived safely though!

I'm so sorry. You did everything you could. Sometimes things just don't go as planned. Hope you find a good tank!

Aw I'm so sorry for your losses :( And the tank! That sucks so much :(

Im sorry it disnt turn out as expected. But be glad you are safe.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Aww, that's tough. I'm sorry. But it will all be good now -- you had a sign! :hug

I'm sorry things took a turn for the worse! :(

Just keep swimming, right? Things do get better. :)

So sorry about your fish.

I hope the injured one recovers very quickly. :heart

and I hope you're able to set up the pond/aquarium of your dreams! Welcome home.

Sorry things didn't go exactly to plan. I'm glad you arrived, that is one long journey :)

I sure hope they are recover once on stable ground again.

Good luck

Glad you made it, hope everyone settles in ok. :)

I'm so sorry, Charly. :(

I'm so sorry about Tui and La, sometimes things are just out of our control. :(

I am happy to see Minnie doing well though, is she still acting perky? Let me know if you need anything for her, I can mail you some supplies or something if need be. :) It is so cute that she dwarfs your fish! She was about half the size (in weight) of Munchkin and Stoney, my other two fish. Imagine them all in a 29 gallon! :o Definitely WAY too crowded, lol. She looks so great though, you will definitely enjoy her. She is an amazing little fish! :heart

Oh I'm so sorry about Tui and La :( I hope everything else works out for you

I'm sorry you had so much bad luck. :( Hopefully that beautiful rainbow is a sign of good things to come. So sorry for the loss of your little guys. They take a little piece of your heart with them when they go.

Charly, sound like you are in need of some koko's hugs! :grouphug sorry about the two fish that didn't make it :( and i'm sorry about your tank! :yikes hope the others settle in soon, ive just been catching up on your other threads. :)

Thank you guys (: Cyrrus didn't make it, unfortunately... But I will be getting a 125 gallon tomorrow, hopefully. So everyone will have a permanent home (: (at least until the pond is built)

Edited by LovelyChaos

I'm so sorry :( When I moved from Texas to Colorado I lost almost half my goldfish. I thought adding these tablets from Academy would be awesome but they just disolved into a mess and I had to make water changes in a gas station bathroom after I found 2 dead, 1 died after moving in. My huge dragon goby also died (that one I cried over) My bf also broke the center brace to my 150g. Moving is rough and you can never know what will happen. Keep thinking about that pond :)