Sign in to follow this  
I-Goldfish

Are these breeding stars ?

This isn't really breeding as such :P

I have never known if my 3 fish are make or female . But patchy would chase Specky around a bit so I guessed he was male and Specky female and blacky I just don't know ! Today I noticed breeding stars on patchys gills I think and just wanted to check if they are breeding stars ? He has silver , white gill plates so it's kinda hard to see . This is a video because he is too fast to take any clear pictures ! Thanks

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u637/I-goldfish/C5B2A228-40AD-43E5-B211-271C646551C9-1162-0000045D5BAB4DC9_zpsad71ed87.mp4

Yay I know the gender of one of my 3 fish lol ! Just wondering is this the time of year goldfish spawn ?

Unfortunately, I don't know much about when they spawn, but a lot have been breeding lately.

Edited by teleSC

It's hard to see and gosh is he fast but yes, I think that I see a thickening on the top of the front fins. If we go by Fang and Tithra, fish spawn at Christmas, but I think they are capable any time of year. Our fish had very many breeding stars in the summer and basically none now.

Cool thanks m I can try to get a clearer video if it will help :)

I am rubbish with this sort of stuff, I just wanted to say he's lovely, boy or girl, he's cute! :)

Gold fish tend to spawn in spring in ponds , but since they are in warm tanks inside they can breed any time

I think I can see a few of the spots on his gill plate there, looks like breeding stars to me.

I couldn't see any spots, but he sure is a good looking fish! :D