Sign in to follow this  
LovelyChaos

1000+ Mile move, part 1

So, I write in after a 9 hour drive from Albany Oregon to Sacramento California. It has been stressful and hectic, but after a nap and some Aleve I am feeling cheery, especially because everyone has made it in relatively good condition. Fishies are a little pale and kitties are a little frazzled, but everyone is getting a well deserved break.

Man it's been a crazy ride. Snow, ice, rain, and steep mountain paths and no leg room :rofl

image_zpsb97459e5.jpg

Question, how should I do a water change? The water is slightly different. My kH is 80 this kH is 110, my pH is 7.6, here is 7.8. They really need one.

Had this waiting for me at the receptionist (:

image_zps0cfd691c.jpg

I didn't get to meet Ms. Jenny, but I can tell that she is awesome by seeing how well Minnie is packed and how absolutely stunning she is.

image_zps25e5b274.jpg

Couldn't get a great picture but she is gorgeous.

Kitties are glad to be in the dry, warm hotel room. Otter and the puppy (bfs moms chihuahua) are playing and cloud is exploring. Not excited for the second half but at least we are halfway there (:

image_zps37d3c480.jpg

fantastic news hun!.. glad things went as smoothly as possible and that you're all safe n warm :heart

I would think those parameters are close enough that a water change shouldn't be a problem. :)

Woo hoo! Glad things are going well! :)

Everyone looks good. Glad you all made so far safely. Winter driving is no joke.

glad all is going well for you LC, and hope the second half of the trip is uneventful for you as well.................good luck !!

Glad everyone's alive! Driving has been scary. Good luck with your move hon I really do hope it works out great!

Glad it's going well! I'm rooting for you!

Hopefully I'll have a big move in my future, too. :heart

I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer your water change question, but welcome to Sacramento! I woke up to rain this morning, so hopefully it will clear up when you need to get going again.

I'm glad to see that Minnie gets to join your family. :D

Go ahead and do a water change the difference in params is not enough to make any sort of difference to the fish. The only thing to note is that kh is a bit lower than is desirable (but not too bad), so it could lead to a pH drop over time.

Good luck with the rest of your travels!

Good work so far! I hope it continues to go smoothly!!

Wow...you have gone really far! Good luck on the second half.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Hope the rest of the journey goes smoothly, Charly. Good luck. :)

Glad it's going well :)

I'm glad everything went well :D Make sure to show us pics of Minnie in the main tank ;)

Edited by teleSC

Thank you all! I will post again with part 2 and more pictures of Minnie (:

I'm so happy everything has gone smooth for you so far! Thank you so much for the update on Minnie and the pictures! I felt so bad leaving her by herself at the front desk, the ladies there thought I was nuts leaving a fish for you lol! She was put in her water at about 3:00pm yesterday, and the params were 0/0/0. With prime in her water she should be good for at least 24 hours since she was fasted for three days before her journey. The water was oxygenated with an air stone for about an hour before she went in too, and I use my air pump to fill the bag with O2 before rubber-banding it. She should have enough oxygen. :) It is so good to see her! :heart

Awww! What an odessy for Minnie!

I hope the rest of the trip goes well for you all.

Mj

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2