Sign in to follow this  
Guest animal1998

Cross Species

Guest animal1998

While searching for a buddy for my Bubba (a nice orange oranda) I came across an odd sight at my local fish store.What I found (at brought home) was a gorgeous little moor pearlscale cross. Eyes and tail clearly moor but scales pearl and then the body a combination of the two. Here's a pic:

28coah1.jpg

Anyone else have any crosses?

Edited by animal1998

I can't see any pearlscale qualities in that picture, but I'm sure I have crosses. I have a very round ranchu who might have some pearlscale in her. Her scales -- to me -- look like they have a bit of pearling, and she's my biggest across fish. All the others have bellies, but she's wide! I also have a mutt fantail or red cap -- he's a little of both. :)

Either way, you got a cute fish. :)

I think most goldfish are mutts, so to speak. Looks like you have a cute one! Enjoy him.

There are no cross species of goldfish or goldfish mutts. All fancy goldfish are the same species (Prussian carp) and were developed though selectively breeding mutations.

Very cute fish :) "moor" actually specifically refers to the black coloration of a black moor. A fish of a different color with those eyes is then considered a telescope.

The tele pearlscale cross is it's own type: dragon ball pearlscale. I'd love to see a pic or video of yours out of the bag.

Wow !!! That was a great vidio .........

Cute goldfish ........