Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
I-Goldfish

One last question

Recommended Posts

For repashy can I use tap water or does it HAVE to be bottled water ? Sorry for the ongoing list of question s !! Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I use bottled water, so as to make it free of the chlorine/chloramine additions. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops! I always just used boiled tap water! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it hurt then with tap water , because I boil pea and blanch my spinach in tap water ?

Edited by I-Goldfish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oops! I always just used boiled tap water!

Boiled tap is fine, obviously lol. I just use bottled water because we always have it in the house. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've spent so much money on the fish lately ! Sorry very off topic :P ( mum helps me ) haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
:o I've always used boiled tap water. Do the instructions say bottled water? :oops:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think they say, and it's fine. I have always used bottled water, even with my own gel food. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks dnalex you are always helping my worries lol , ! Ill post pics once it gets here from the USA !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oops! I always just used boiled tap water!

Boiled tap is fine, obviously lol. I just use bottled water because we always have it in the house. :)

Lol! Thanks! I was ready to throw out the last of this batch, and start buying reverse osmosis, mega-twinkle infused, vitamin fortified infant water, or something. :tomuch:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oops! I always just used boiled tap water!

Boiled tap is fine, obviously lol. I just use bottled water because we always have it in the house. :)

Lol! Thanks! I was ready to throw out the last of this batch, and start buying reverse osmosis, mega-twinkle infused, vitamin fortified infant water, or something. :tomuch:

Me too! i did panic slightly as I've also been using boiled tap water

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cold tap water with a couple of drops of Prime here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boiling tends to throw most stuff like chlorine out of solution, although there could be some heavy metals still in the water. Your local water department should release a report on the water quality so you can check it, though it should be safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boiling tends to throw most stuff like chlorine out of solution, although there could be some heavy metals still in the water. Your local water department should release a report on the water quality so you can check it, though it should be safe.

This is true, but my understanding is that you would need to boil for longer than a few minutes to get rid of the chlorine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boiling tends to throw most stuff like chlorine out of solution, although there could be some heavy metals still in the water. Your local water department should release a report on the water quality so you can check it, though it should be safe.

This is true, but my understanding is that you would need to boil for longer than a few minutes to get rid of the chlorine.

Chlorines bad in their water , would chlorine be bad in their food ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not necessarily. Boiling does get rid of some, even for the bit of time.

Chlorine is harmful to fish gills, and so its presence in the water can be problematic.

When you are making food, there is so little water used, and the amount of food fed daily is small, so I think you are fine.

Like I said before, if you worry, add a drop of Prime, or use bottled water. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boiling tends to throw most stuff like chlorine out of solution, although there could be some heavy metals still in the water. Your local water department should release a report on the water quality so you can check it, though it should be safe.

This is true, but my understanding is that you would need to boil for longer than a few minutes to get rid of the chlorine.

I don't believe you can boil out chloramine like you can chlorine.

When I make mine I just throw a drop of Prime in the water I am using or just use tank water (if I have just changed the water)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If ya'll are boiling the water, I'd be careful to make sure your not using a teflon coated pot. I know the fumes are deadly to birds, if you get it to a certain temperature. I'd be worried about it leaching chemicals into the water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never seen the point of teflon coated pots anyway. If there's not plenty of water between my food and the pan, it's likely because I WANT some stuff to stick so I can get a good fond going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use cold tap, untreated, mix, microwave boil, pour, mix, cool then fridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use purified baby water, if it's good for human babies why not my fishy babies.

Edited by smegypsiren

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...