Sign in to follow this  
I-Goldfish

One last question

For repashy can I use tap water or does it HAVE to be bottled water ? Sorry for the ongoing list of question s !! Thanks

Personally, I use bottled water, so as to make it free of the chlorine/chloramine additions. :)

Oops! I always just used boiled tap water! :(

Would it hurt then with tap water , because I boil pea and blanch my spinach in tap water ?

Edited by I-Goldfish

Oops! I always just used boiled tap water!

Boiled tap is fine, obviously lol. I just use bottled water because we always have it in the house. :)

I've spent so much money on the fish lately ! Sorry very off topic :P ( mum helps me ) haha

:o I've always used boiled tap water. Do the instructions say bottled water? :oops:

I don't think they say, and it's fine. I have always used bottled water, even with my own gel food. :)

Thanks dnalex you are always helping my worries lol , ! Ill post pics once it gets here from the USA !

Boiled tap is fine, obviously lol. I just use bottled water because we always have it in the house. :)

Lol! Thanks! I was ready to throw out the last of this batch, and start buying reverse osmosis, mega-twinkle infused, vitamin fortified infant water, or something. :tomuch:

Lol! Thanks! I was ready to throw out the last of this batch, and start buying reverse osmosis, mega-twinkle infused, vitamin fortified infant water, or something. :tomuch:

Me too! i did panic slightly as I've also been using boiled tap water

Cold tap water with a couple of drops of Prime here

Boiling tends to throw most stuff like chlorine out of solution, although there could be some heavy metals still in the water. Your local water department should release a report on the water quality so you can check it, though it should be safe.

Boiling tends to throw most stuff like chlorine out of solution, although there could be some heavy metals still in the water. Your local water department should release a report on the water quality so you can check it, though it should be safe.

This is true, but my understanding is that you would need to boil for longer than a few minutes to get rid of the chlorine.

This is true, but my understanding is that you would need to boil for longer than a few minutes to get rid of the chlorine.

Chlorines bad in their water , would chlorine be bad in their food ?

Not necessarily. Boiling does get rid of some, even for the bit of time.

Chlorine is harmful to fish gills, and so its presence in the water can be problematic.

When you are making food, there is so little water used, and the amount of food fed daily is small, so I think you are fine.

Like I said before, if you worry, add a drop of Prime, or use bottled water. :)

I don't believe you can boil out chloramine like you can chlorine.

When I make mine I just throw a drop of Prime in the water I am using or just use tank water (if I have just changed the water)

If ya'll are boiling the water, I'd be careful to make sure your not using a teflon coated pot. I know the fumes are deadly to birds, if you get it to a certain temperature. I'd be worried about it leaching chemicals into the water.

I've never seen the point of teflon coated pots anyway. If there's not plenty of water between my food and the pan, it's likely because I WANT some stuff to stick so I can get a good fond going.

I use cold tap, untreated, mix, microwave boil, pour, mix, cool then fridge.

I use purified baby water, if it's good for human babies why not my fishy babies.

Edited by smegypsiren