3 new fancies from the rescue tank at petco

One of my friends moved in with me a few months ago. He noticed i love my fish hahaha! On Christmas eve he comes home with a big old chunky ryukin fantail for me! In case you cant tell, its the mostly white fish. The young lady at the fish store told him that 6 fish of nearly equal size had been dropped off recently by a lady who had them all in a 20 gallon. Whoa! So the day after Christnas i go to Petco to look at the other fish. The same employee was there. I told her the guy who bought the white one was my buddy. She knows i like big fish and that i have a 75 gal and a big pond so she made me a screaming deal on the other two fish, knowing they would be in a happy home. I thought it would be nice to have 3 of them together, as i do believe fish can become "friends" of sorts. As a major bonus, the chocolate fish laid about 40 eggs on New Years day! I moved as many of them as were stuck to plats and a spawning mop into a 15 gal to see if they hatch! Id love to be able to give one back to the girl who had to give up her fish, although i dont know if that will be possible.

These fish are about 4" long if u dont count the tail.

2013-01-05_12-19-50_807.jpg

2013-01-05_12-19-11_605.jpg

2013-01-05_12-19-07_804.jpg

It does seem as though the original owner took very good care of them considering they were all smashed into a 20 gallon tank. One thing i wonder is are those reflective scales on the white fish some sort of defect/injury or are those normal?

What lovelies! And they are so lucky to come live with you!

mj

Dieselplower, those shimmering scales are normal because that's a "sakura" goldfish - a form of calico which is white with red markings. (It's also a beautiful fish in general!!) They all seem to be quite lovely, and I'm sure quite happy with the extra space!

~Bruce

wow :) congrats on your beautiful new additions :) any luck with the eggs yet???

I can see three fry have hatched. I am not sure if there will be a ton more. I hope at least a couple live!