Sign in to follow this  
adnan

Does peas have to be boiled

Hi Goldfish Lovers!

I have some frozen peas and before to offer it to my Red cap I put two peas in hot water for 10-15 minutes and then I give it. So my question is- Is it good way to offer that type of food to my goldfish or it has to be boiled?

it just needs to be soft enought for them to eat it.. deshelled also.. so if it can be slightly mashed between your fingers as you prepared it, then i see nothing wrong with that :)

Seems fine to me. :)

Wow! That was quick, I appreciate it! Thanks for answers!

you're welcome :) anytime!

Adnan, that is what I do. Boil the water in the kettle, poor over peas, pop them out of the shell the mush slightly while dropping in the water!

I boil the water then place 5 frozen peas in there for 1-2 minutes then remove them and pop them out of the shell and then feed them to my fish!

Too much work! I pour some frozen peas into a small dish and microwave it for less than 1 minute. I don't add water, but I put a loose-fitting plastic lid on the dish and I stir the peas every 20 second. Usually, they are ready in about 40 seconds. Once they are cool, I squeeze them into the tank.

Btw, I aways end up making too many peas. If you make just a few, they could be ready in 20 seconds. :)

When I do peas then everybody in this house gets peas; fish, dog and myself :rofl So I just boil them as normal, pick out a few for the fish, a spoonful for the dog and then the rest go on my plate ;)

That is very useful information for me. Thanks a lot for everyone!

Usually at evening time I give 1or 2 peas to my Red cap. Untill now I feet it with peas from the jar but I understood that it is much better frozen peas with out salt and any spices. So I will follow your advices.

Thanks again!