new aquaclear 20

I would just turn it off, dump out the water, take the intake tube out, take out the plastic plate over the impeller, and remove the motor from the bottom, and the impeller from it. Make sure you don't find anything that shouldn't be there, then put it all back together carefully. I find this will solve most problems.

Make sure when you turn it on that the intake tube is fully over the plate on top of the impeller (the little lever is all the way toward the + side). You can turn it down afterward, but this will help get your flow going properly.

i have and i watched the impeller and i noticed in stead of it going round and round its going around but buzzing backwards at the same time nothing is wrong with it nothing its just doing it

Is it just a light buzzing sound? Try changing the flow setting on it and see if that has any difference. Mine makes a small humming sound when it's on the low setting, but makes no sound at all on the medium to high setting.