Sign in to follow this  
I-Goldfish

Repashy questions

Hi , as some may know I have ordered some repashy , and I've got a few ( ok quite a lot ) of questions .

1. Do you have to refrigerate it or can you just freeze it

2. How long if you can can you keep it at room temperature

3.How long does it take to thaw

4.Once it's set does it smell

Thanks

Hi , as some may know I have ordered some repashy , and I've got a few ( ok quite a lot ) of questions .

If you've made it into gel food, it needs to be refrigerated or frozen. I would only leave it in the fridge for a maximum of 7 days only. :)

The powder? Up to two years, if keep sealed properly.

The gel? Best not, except when feeding.

No long, but you should thaw enough to last you a week.

It smells before and after, but not too bad after.

Thanks

If you've made it into gel food, it needs to be refrigerated or frozen. I would only leave it in the fridge for a maximum of 7 days only. :)

The powder? Up to two years, if keep sealed properly.

The gel? Best not, except when feeding.

No long, but you should thaw enough to last you a week.

It smells before and after, but not too bad after.

Thanks

Thanks so you can't just thaw enough for one feeding like 3 times a day you can't thaw say 6 cubes ?

Sorry , so you can just keep it in the freezer and not need to use a fridge ?

You can do that, too. :)

I imagine it takes about 15-30 minutes to thaw, depending on how big the cube is.

How big of a cube are we talking about anyway?

Half a nail size cubes like small goldfish mouthfuls but like 10 of very small cubes ! I'll try and put a days worth in the fridge but my parents are not too keen on smelly fish food :L but I still want the best food possible

Edited by I-Goldfish

I keep a small amount in the fridge in a plastic box with a lid that clips on. It doesn't make the fridge smell. If it's not a lot of food, I think you will be fine, just get an air tight container. ;)

I keep a small amount in the fridge in a plastic box with a lid that clips on. It doesn't make the fridge smell. If it's not a lot of food, I think you will be fine, just get an air tight container. ;)

I do this too :)

I do that too. I make a batch, keep enough for a week and freeze the rest. Then just thaw another week's worth once they've eaten the food that was in the fridge.

I agree. It doesn't stink up the fridge. :)

Cool I'll try that then I've got an air tight container and hopefully I'll be allowed , thanks :)

Edited by I-Goldfish

Yep I'm allowed to keep it in the fridge in my airtight container ! Woop woop , now I didn't need to ask loads of stupid questions but at least I know now , sooo exited hope my fish like it ! Got the 4oz

No such thing as a stupid question! Let us know how your fish like it! :D

Have you made any yet? What did you think to the smell? I don't mind the smell of it at all! :P

Yep I'm allowed to keep it in the fridge in my airtight container ! Woop woop , now I didn't need to ask loads of stupid questions but at least I know now , sooo exited hope my fish like it ! Got the 4oz

Yay! Hope the fishies like it.

You didn't ask any stupid questions :)

Edited by Black

No such thing as a stupid question! Let us know how your fish like it! :D

I will , thanks

Have you made any yet? What did you think to the smell? I don't mind the smell of it at all! :P

No it's not arrived yet I'm just preparing before I get it so I don't mess it up ! I won't like the smell , I don't like the smell of fish !

Yay :)

:)

And dnalex I hope mine looks like yours m so perfectly cut :)

I agree with everyone else, it doesn't smell in the fridge inside a plastic container with a lid. I think it really only smells while you make it and if you boil the water and then add it to whatever container you are making it in, it smells even less (instead of adding it to a pot or boiling it inside the microwave). I do what everyone else does and take enough out of the freezer for a week. In the freezer I double sandwhich/ziploc bag it and don't even bother with a container.

Honestly I find the smell thoroughly inoffensive, although I'm pretty used to smelly pets. :P

It just smells a bit like a swamp or really rich damp earth.

I make mine up then spread it on a cookie sheet which I stick in the freezer til it's ready. Then I cut it into little flat squares. I place most of it in a freezer bag and keep enough for a couple of days in a little tupperware container in the frig. That way I am ALWAYS ready to feed at any given moment!! LOL!!

I would prefer the fridge. If you make a very large amount, then you'd have to freeze them. That is way too much a hassle. It is best to just make one batch as followed on the package with 3/4 water and 1/4 powder.

Not long. I'm not sure exactly, but they do go bad rather quickly. Keep them in an airlock container in the fridge. They will last around two weeks.

No clue. Not ideal. Too much hassle.

No. It will smell right out of the microwave when very hot.

Thanks

You must have everything ready to be quick. Stir the mixtures in the bowl and put in microwave for 2 minutes on high setting. Protect your hands, use something safe and does not slip. Quickly pour into a holding container and get as much you can out of the bowl into the container. Stir. Let it cool for about an hour and it will become solid very quickly within minutes. Put in the fridge to chill. Begin using a few hours later.