winter pictures of my pond

DieselPlower

• Admin

Heating ponds is necessary when dealing with bitter winters in the canadian prairies but the mild winters of michigan shouldn't be a concern for heat with a pond that is over 3ft deep. As long as there is surface movement there is gas exchange, some people do run an aerator instead of a pump but I think that's more to protect the pump since they are more expensive equipment. Also remember that the cooler the water the greater the dissolved oxygen so a little bit goes a long way :)

Edit: Invest in a poking stick to keep your hole from freezing over. It works wonders! :rofl

... "mild winters of Michigan"? :cold: I guess everything is relative, lol. It's 79 here today. I would consider that a "mild winter" :rofl

BAHHH :lol thats nothing your a CA ly.... move to Oregon and you get alittle colder :lol2

TD lived most of his life in CA and I dragged his butt here and now hes freezing couldnt image moving him the MI :rofl

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... "mild winters of Michigan"? :cold: I guess everything is relative, lol. It's 79 here today. I would consider that a "mild winter" :rofl

BAHHH :lol thats nothing your a CA ly.... move to Oregon and you get alittle colder :lol2

TD lived most of his life in CA and I dragged his butt here and now hes freezing couldnt image moving him the MI :rofl

I couldn't live anywhere that has a real winter. I HATE being cold. Having to deal with snow and ice, and shoveling your driveway and all that... there's no way. If I had to deal with that stuff I would just curl up into a ball and die. Lol

It's been in the teens out in NJ, the last few days, and I've had enough. Supposed to be ridiculous through Tuesday. Considering Michigan winters "mild" really gave me a lol! I guess it's all in perspective. I was raised in New Orleans, so winters in the 50's weren't uncommon.

We have pictures of us around the Christmas tree in shorts and flip flops. How I miss those days!

• Admin

I couldn't live anywhere that has a real winter. I HATE being cold. Having to deal with snow and ice, and shoveling your driveway and all that... there's no way. If I had to deal with that stuff I would just curl up into a ball and die. Lol

:lol3 thats how TD feels.... he cant deal with it below 35F .... Me I dont care :thumb:

:lol3 thats how TD feels.... he cant deal with it below 35F .... Me I dont care :thumb:

If the weather dips below 50, I'm useless. So I'd say that your TD is in better shape than I am!

Koko, is TD your hubby? You met him on here and he moved to your state? Must've missed the announcement while I was gone and everyone thought I was dead.

:rofl

They've been together before this site was even born lol

• Admin

Koko, is TD your hubby? You met him on here and he moved to your state? Must've missed the announcement while I was gone and everyone thought I was dead.

TD is my Hubby and no We didnt met here.. :)

DP, I'm so glad that you have demonstrated how to keep a hole open in the ice. I certainly couldn't show it, although after one particularly cold night the bird bath did freeze over.

• Admin

Whoa maybe this needs to bd moved to the off topic forum hahaha. Its all good.

I should have new pics in a day or two. Wont be home for a bit.

I cant wait to see updated photos :thumb: Its awesome to see a pond like this and know that the fish are doing great :thumb:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/102747-lots-of-pics-of-my-pond-from-the-start-and-continuing/.

Here is a link to lots of pics of my pond from the beginning.

And there is a link, page 1 i think, of me jumping in. No fish in it at the time hahaha

We actually dont have that much snow so far this year. Way below average. Although it doesnt really relate to this post, here is a snow fort that my friend, his kids, and i made yesterday. I used my plow truck to gather up snow from all over the place. Its abour 12 feet by 16 feet by 4 feet high.

2013-01-25_17-56-17_582.jpg