A single baby

number20121

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's so cool how you can see the color of the BBs and his swim bladder!

How have you been doing the BBs? (in terms of getting the right amount for 1 fish in there?)

he's so tiny in that 1TBSP measuring spoon!!! (Funny thing is I have the same measuring spoon set that I use for fish stuff!)

Great pics once again! Thanks Fang. Since mine don't seem to want to make me a grandma, I must live vicariously through you! :teehee

Any names? :D

Not decided on anything yet since I don't wanna jinx him, but I keep thinking of Norman or Norma. :D

it's so cool how you can see the color of the BBs and his swim bladder!

How have you been doing the BBs? (in terms of getting the right amount for 1 fish in there?)

Umm... honestly I am just guessing :rofl

It doesn't seem like he over stuffs his like his parents would, probably because there is a steady supply of food. I just toss in a couple dozen BBS or so several times a day, and siphon out (turkey baster) whatever is laying around on the bottom uneaten ")

he's so tiny in that 1TBSP measuring spoon!!! (Funny thing is I have the same measuring spoon set that I use for fish stuff!)

Great pics once again! Thanks Fang. Since mine don't seem to want to make me a grandma, I must live vicariously through you! :teehee

Yeah, I like this set because it is very simple and basic. And thank you! :D

He is an itty bitty fishy! :)

Have you told us about his parents yet? I can't remember! Sorry.

It's Banana and Bullet! Bullet surprised me a bit, because he is only about 8-9 months old, but he is growing so fast!

Banana

Banana01-1.jpg

Bullet

Bullet12011202.jpg

Now that would make the little guy a lionchu. :D

he's so tiny, and so cute!!!! I can't believe him swimming in that huge TBSP. Wherever did you find one the size of a swimming pool? :rofl

LOL I know, right? That betta cup he's in must feel like a pond to him, especially with "all the" plants in it, which is a 2.5" piece of cabomba and a little bit of duck weed and baby water lettuce. He loves chilling under the water lettuce's leaves, between the roots hanging down. :)

I have more photos from last night :D

The photos are a bit distorted from the rounded cup, and generally the little guy looks quite psychotic in most of the following pictures :rofl2

In the second photo you can really see his mouth. I love watching him slurp up BBS with that tiny sucker :D

The last photo shows his little double tail very nicely. So far no hint of a dorsal, pelvic or anal fin. At least not that I can make them out.

And look at that full belleh.

100_8313.jpg

100_8317.jpg

100_8320.jpg

100_8322.jpg

Look how much he's grown. You should compare the first photos with these, and be amazed!

I just compared him to the one egg with eyes in the other cup, and holy moly, he has gotten so much bigger, I didn't even realize it! He is still only... 1/4 or 1/3 of an inch long, but compared to the 1/16 diameter egg, it's crazy!

Absolutely. I can see a big difference in even just the daily shots. So thinking back to how it started, the difference is surely astounding.

When this is all done, you should make a compilation of fry photos, to show how they grow.

Nice idea, I might do that! I just wish my camera was better than it is. With the naked eye I can clearly see the tail. Unlike his parents' tails, the double tail does not seem merged at the top/middle, but two separate caudals. That's an improvement, I guess :rofl