Sign in to follow this  
danielle15

Repashy Solient Green, smaller batches?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere, but I couldnt find it.

I was going to make some today to get ready for new fish. As I was reading the directions that seems like an awful lot of quantity to make at one time for 1 fish, unless I will go thru it quicker than I am imagining.

Would someone have a breakdown of smaller measurements that they used? I have a 2 oz package.

If it all needs to be made at one time, that's ok. I just wasn't sure.

And for those of you who mix pro-gold in, how much do you add?

You can make smaller batches in the exact same way as long as you have 1 part powder and 3 parts water

MsJenny suggested doing 3 TBSP water to 1TBSP mix. (Any 3:1 ratio should work.). I did this when I made Spawn and Grow yesterday and it worked perfectly! :)

I have added ProGold. When I whipped up some SG yesterday (I cooked more for my fish than my family yesterday!) I did 9 TBSP water, 3 TBSP mix, 3 cubes of blood worms, and 1 TBSP ProGold. I would add a twitch more water next time . . . It also was too much ProGold for one of my fish so I'd add a bit less next time . . .

I would maybe start with the 3TBSP water to 1 TBSP mix and see how long that lasts you . . .

Good luck and I'm really excited for you! :nana

Edit: sniped. :teehee

Edited by fantailfan1

you can also make a batch and freeze what you won't go through in a 2 week period :)

^^That's what I do. But even with 3 fish the 3/4 cup water to 1/4 cup mix lasts quite a while. Depends, of course, on how big your fish is and how often you're feeding the SG. I also feed it to my snails. :)

Ok, I guess I wasn't thinking about 3:1 ratio....duh! Forgive my lack of common sense when it comes to math Lol.

I have some frozen blood worms too. So I may just make a real small batch at first to see how progold alone is reacted to.

Thank you!

Edited by danielle15

No clue. I ain't gonna mess with lesser amount. :P

I make the standard amount once or twice a month. There are 3 tanks to feed; Goldfish, Platies and African Malawi.

I'd suggest keeping the ProGold separate. Let them the option to enjoy different foods separately.

No clue. I ain't gonna mess with lesser amount.

I make the standard amount once or twice a month. There are 3 tanks to feed; Goldfish, Platies and African Malawi.

I'd suggest keeping the ProGold separate. Let them the option to enjoy different foods separately.

1. I believe the directions are pretty clear that as long as you keep the ratio of 1 part powder to three parts boiling water, you will get the right consistency. So, you can make as little or as much as you like.

2. Mixing things into the food like this is actually a good way of doing things. You can even mix meds in there when needed. :)

I use a teaspoon to make a very small amount at a time. 1 teaspoon of food to 3 teaspoons of water. I have a little tupperware designed for dressings that I keep it in :) It's super easy to make as little or as much as you need.

Hi everyone, I'm trying to decide the size of SG to buy.

I have two oranda black moor weighting 20 grams. How long will a 8oz SG last to feed them?

I'm getting it shipped to Italy, so I don't want to miss the right size.

Thank you

i bought a 16 oz and it's ALOT. but i feed repashy exclusively to my fish so i don't mind the big bag. i make batches 1 TBSP at a time. it lasts me anywhere from 3 to 4 days. i have alot of goldfish though. just start with 1 or 1/2 TBSP and see how long that batch lasts for your little ones.

Buy biggest amount possible to reduce shipping frequency.

Yup. This is how at one point at I had almost 12 pounds of Repashy powder. :rofl

You got plenty to feed yourself!

Have anyone tasted them?

I have not lol, and will not. :rofl

That's right, but I wouldn't like to keep it for a year!

How many TBSP per oz, approx?

Edited by ztm

I see that for Soilent green I can choose 4oz, 5.3oz, 16oz... I will go with something like 4oz or 5oz, that is not a big difference.

I don't know the powder's effective lifespan.

At room temp it lasts18-24 months after its opened.

So its okay to have them for a year to save shipping and money.

Bigger = Cheaper