I've Got EGGS! Help! :p

tithra

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little Lashy is doing a lot more swimming. He'll get up dart around then lay back down and rest for awhile. I have absolutely no idea if he is eating or not but I did a 90% water change (I was scared to try to take him out) and added some more BBS.

I did some editing to the day 1 photos and took a new pic today:

Day1Fry_zps1ab2ba26.jpg

DSC_0087_zpsc9389853.jpg

He is so very adorable! :heart

And yes, it is almost impossible to tell if he's eating or not, but if he was not, he would be dead soon. So as long as he's alive, he is eating. In a week or so you will actually be able to see him eat :)

I find it so amazing that something so tiny and fragile can grow into big chubby colourful water piggies! I look at Tithra's sig photos and back at lashy and can't get my head round it!

how do you collect the brine shrimp from the hatchery? there are tons of failed eggs and egg shells floating around. i managed to collect a few, but i lost many due to clumsiness.

mine are about 4 days old now; i saw two of them suck in brine shrimp. amazing!!!

Oooh, he's "upright". He looks GREAT!! :clapping:

Keep the updates coming! :please

:D Thanks!

I get so excited to see updates of this thread! :heart He looks great, his back is nice and straight and everything looks symmetrical so far! I can't wait to see how he grows. :)

Thank you! Yeah, I think he looks pretty good so far. I really hope he'll continue to thrive!

He is so very adorable! :heart

And yes, it is almost impossible to tell if he's eating or not, but if he was not, he would be dead soon. So as long as he's alive, he is eating. In a week or so you will actually be able to see him eat :)

That's good to know. I hope I'm not putting too much food in there for him, but I don't want him to not be able to find the single brine shrimp in there :P

I find it so amazing that something so tiny and fragile can grow into big chubby colourful water piggies! I look at Tithra's sig photos and back at lashy and can't get my head round it!

I know! crazy right!? I'm so scared to even move his container - he seems so fragile!

how do you collect the brine shrimp from the hatchery? there are tons of failed eggs and egg shells floating around. i managed to collect a few, but i lost many due to clumsiness.

mine are about 4 days old now; i saw two of them suck in brine shrimp. amazing!!!

I have been using a medicine dropper to just grab a few at a time. Since I only have one to feed I don't need to gather many. Have you put up any pics of yours? if not you should! :)

Watching and waiting for reports. This is gunna be good!

Daily reports coming! :P

How cute is Lashy...oh my goodness...I think I can see Hashi's coloration on him/her already :)

:P It will be interesting to see what color he turns out!

how many fry do you have exactly?

Lol just one. I think they ate all the fertilized eggs! I was only able to gather around 25 eggs (most were hidden behind the filter intake) and only one was fertilized!

is that a tiny swimbladder forming? I demand daily pics!

I don't know! Is it? There will definitely be daily pics from now on! I can't wait to see what he looks like tomorrow :D

I agree this facinates me. It's so interesting. I love Lashy's name, it suits him so far.

:D thank you